+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player Ratings v York

Player Ratings v York

Here's how i saw the game

Slocombe 6 - Didn't really have much to do. Thought he could have come off his line quicker to gather the ball in the build up to Yorks Goal

Brindley 7 - Reliable performance defending well when he had too, had oceans of space in front of him to power into when he had the ball which he did well

Rawlinson 8 - Great performance and always in the right place to kill any danger from York
    Pick of the defenders

Cameron 7 Again had a steady game, it's hard to rate defensively when York offered very little threat but he didn't do anything wrong

Nemane 8 - He is a constant threat and has pace to burn. Another assist for him and almost a goal. Works hard going backwards too

Chicksen 7 - Always available for the ball but still wish he would commit the right back once or twice. Put in some good balls and almost scored again

Palmer 8 - Brilliant as always, He is so consistently good. With and without the ball

JOB 8 - Looks to be oozing confidence after a shaky start to the season. Looks a different player with lots of energy and some skills and killer passes

Castro 9 - MOTM for me. The free kick was unbelievable. He looks so good on the ball. Can beat players with ease and has great vision. Broke up attacks and also ran tirelessly closing down defenders

Langstaff 9 - Would have been MOTM if it wasn't for Castro just shading him
    Could of had 3 or 4. Sign of a great striker, quiet periods but he's always there when it counts. Again tirelessly chasing defenders being a nuisance

Subs
    Austin 7- Looked dangerous making clever runs off the ball. Looks to unlock defenses all the time

Scott 7- Did well when he came on, steady performance

Mitchell 7.5 - Gave the York defenders something different to think about. One everything in the air and held the ball up well
    Should have shot instead of squaring to scott late on

Williams 9- Got everything correct. Roll on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    Here's how i saw the game

Slocombe 6 - Didn't really have much to do. Thought he could have come off his line quicker to gather the ball in the build up to Yorks Goal

Brindley 7 - Reliable performance defending well when he had too, had oceans of space in front of him to power into when he had the ball which he did well

Rawlinson 8 - Great performance and always in the right place to kill any danger from York
    Pick of the defenders

Cameron 7 Again had a steady game, it's hard to rate defensively when York offered very little threat but he didn't do anything wrong

Nemane 8 - He is a constant threat and has pace to burn. Another assist for him and almost a goal. Works hard going backwards too

Chicksen 7 - Always available for the ball but still wish he would commit the right back once or twice. Put in some good balls and almost scored again

Palmer 8 - Brilliant as always, He is so consistently good. With and without the ball

JOB 8 - Looks to be oozing confidence after a shaky start to the season. Looks a different player with lots of energy and some skills and killer passes

Castro 9 - MOTM for me. The free kick was unbelievable. He looks so good on the ball. Can beat players with ease and has great vision. Broke up attacks and also ran tirelessly closing down defenders

Langstaff 9 - Would have been MOTM if it wasn't for Castro just shading him
    Could of had 3 or 4. Sign of a great striker, quiet periods but he's always there when it counts. Again tirelessly chasing defenders being a nuisance

Subs
    Austin 7- Looked dangerous making clever runs off the ball. Looks to unlock defenses all the time

Scott 7- Did well when he came on, steady performance

Mitchell 7.5 - Gave the York defenders something different to think about. One everything in the air and held the ball up well
    Should have shot instead of squaring to scott late on

Williams 9- Got everything correct. Roll on saturday
    Missed off Ruben lol

Rodriguez 7 -Not his best performance, gave the ball away a lot for at half and looked a little fatigued. But he played a part in the goals and always tries to push us forward. Couple of shooting opportunities which he passed up on which was disappointing

Good ratings, only disagree about Palmer, but I’ll be on my own haha.

Slocombe 6 Didn’t have much to do, no chance with the goal. The odd hairy moment as usual.

Brindley. 7 Really good to have him back, brings balance back to the defence. Certainly having his best season in a Notts shirt.

Rawlinson 6 Did ok especially in the second half when the defence had a bit more to do. At fault for the goal, not sure?

Cameron 6 Was highlighted by the York reporters as being a menace when he stepped out of defence. I still don’t think his distribution is as good as last season.

Chicksen 6 Solid enough, missed an absolute sitter, but good that’s he’s getting forward so regularly.

Nemane 7 getting better and better,
    great work for the second goal, always a threat and the defensive side of his game is improving massively.

Palmer 6 Does all the simple things really well, I just wish he did more further up the pitch. Set pieces not great.

JOB. 7 Another all action JOB performance, I thought he’d shot it, but he’s proving a lot of us wrong.

Castro 9 Monster of a performance. Tackling, plenty of skill, good passing and of course The Goal. Great backflip as well.

Rodrigues 6 His defensive work was good and his pressing helped create the third goal… his confidence looks whacked in the penalty area though, definitely needs a goal.

Langstaff 8 Quiet most of the game but 3 chances and 2 goals, and that header was far from easy. What can you say, a defender’s nightmare.

Subs

Austin 7 Busy and effective when he came on, and another assist for the third. Unlucky if he doesn’t get a start soon.

Scott 6 Decent enough.

Mitchell 6 Put himself about even though the game was won

Match Ratings:

Slocombe - 6.5 - Nothing much to do as they only had one shot but claimed crosses well
    Brindley - 8 - Very good both on and off the ball, heard a York fan say afterwards he was good
    Rawlinson - 7 - Strong in defence
    Cameron - 7 - As above, brought it out well. Still not up to last seasons standards though
    Chicksen - 6.5 - Defended well but cut back too many times and missed a sitter. Still wasn't bad just steady
    Nemane - 7.5 - Very good, is growing with confidence and good assist for the 2nd goal
    Palmer - 8 - Brilliant all game, very controlled and comfortable on the ball
    JOB - 7 - Very steady, brought the ball through well from midfield into attack. Always feel with JOB on that he will keep them going
    Ruben - 6.5 - Pressed well and still did most things well. He's just a bit out of sorts with his final action but only as we're used to his brilliance
    Castro - 9 - Fantastic goal, created a lot of great openings for himself or others. Final ball sometimes a bit hard but York couldn't handle him
    Macca - 8.5 - Positioning for the 1st great, the 2nd you never thought he'd miss and always creates the angle for the shot. Love this guy

The subs I don't think did much of note as after our 3rd it kind of fizzled out. Would be happy to be corrected on the subs actions though.

Team and Manager - 9 - Would be a ten apart from going flat in the first half for 20 minutes when they scored. Apart from that a fantastic performance and afternoon for everyone involved. I love the way we now press from the front and actually feel like we say to the other team - We're here, we're a top team and you're going to have to really be at it to give us a good game. We don't feel like pushovers anymore or that we are going to fanny about with it. Williams has taken us to the next level and demands perfection as any manager worth his salt should do. I don't understand people saying we'll be 3rd, Wrexham will be there obviously but if I were Chesterfield I'd be worried about us not the other way round. Wrexham fans are apparently also of that opinion, we play great football and are strong now instead of weak. We look a top team at last in this league.

Notts fans - 10 - also great, was hard to make full use of numbers for songs as being split over 2 stands, not fans fault.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-09-2022 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Correction for Austin, as other posters state he did a great assist for the 3rd, got the pass just right.

Really good set of ratings on this thread - thanks for making the effort on behalf of those who couldn't be there

Thanks folks, echo those sentiments.

What a turnaround for Nemane, another assist and sounds like a good performance.

No surprise to hear Palmer was impressive as usual, no doubt conducting things

And finally Castro, talk a Brucie bonus of a youngster on loan. Who would have thought he could be this influential so quickly when he signed? Hopefully he he can consistently bring something extra to the side.

Threadbare?

Can't knock any of those ratings, I only had Curtis and Stall on the radio to hear what was going on but they waxed about Castro and Jim throughout the game, JOB has been a revelation this season, for a guy who was essentially finished (even in my eyes) he has been outstanding and its obvious that LW trusts him to lead by example... not much to say about Langstaff except we are blessed to have such an amazing finisher in our ranks... just praying I can get over for a game soon to see them in the flesh

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Really good set of ratings on this thread - thanks for making the effort on behalf of those who couldn't be there
    I'll echo that.

Now we've had a few games to look at, this seasons transfer activity is looking good. Hopefully, there is still a bit in the pot following Cal Roberts sale.