+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ot - Is this forum dying ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    This board is predominately for Barnsley fans. Guests/away fans posting on here are/have always been absolutely welcome. And always treat kindly, and hopefully that will always be so, when they come on in friendship, rather than being antagonistic.

“Hoping that other fans don’t come on here because they can’t understand us” is an idiotic statement Acido…… …… just imagine if we tried to tell them how to speyk on their boards…... It’s a bit of fun. FGS!!

Bet the Villa fans don’t tell Prince William to say Buzz instead of bus when he dips into Villansmad to vent about their poor start to the season..! ………..
    Long live “ Interesting and amusing”. That’s why we read it. Fun, banter, and amusement. Sadly lacking lately…. ( bring back Mary’s Clarts)…….
    Another reason why Perhaps why the board is failing.

The folk complaining about the 1 to 5% % of posts on the board that contain dialect need to get a life,
    If they find it hard to understand, then don’t bother reading the posts with dialect……. I don’t think there’s many “dialect posts” that are actually about football….. i. Don’t hear Rod, the Miller fan, Claw and Alf complaining……
    You won't hear me whingein abart folk speakin Proper Yorkshire,it's one of the reasons i like goin into Barnsley town centre.It reminds me how life was back when i was growing up,no bull just Yorkshire folk tellin it like they see it. UTB

I know I keep saying this - but it would be great to have a proper get together before a match.

Basically two reasons I think it would be beneficial.
    Firstly - it would take away any animosity that may exist between people on here.
    And secondly because of the resultant better atmosphere - it would attract more people to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    Just as a casual intermittent poster I find you regulars don’t ever seem to acknowledge any post I make, no worries I’m happy reading most of the time but I can see why it may put new posters off. Just seems I little ‘clicky’ in my honest opinion. BBS is worse than sh1te ! like a load of women arguing on Facebook n not true reds fans imo,
    This is a good informative site when with animal’s generally brilliant observations n sbred’s dry humour just give new posters a little acknowledgment now n again guys
    Thanks
    Come on you reds!
    I don’t think anyone on here would ignore anyone else intentionally DC, there’s no bad characters or egos

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    There are very specific reasons other Barnsley supporters don’t want to come near this message board.
    Have a chat (which I try to do) with those posting on Twitter, Facebook and BBS and they are more or less saying the same things.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

And it’s sad what they say.
    Because unlike other clubs - Footy Mad is the only alternative to the main message board (BBS) of the club.
    There should be dozens of more posters on here.
    IMO it’s the best place to talk about anything Barnsley.
    If they want to post they can post, if they don’t they don’t, it is what it is. An open forum

Im not in the slightest bit interested Nudger, in what people are posting on Twitter & Facebook.
    If they are having a go at this board in general, or at certain individuals for whatever reason, then thats up to them!. 😴

? Looks like it , what a shame ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    We tend to keep away from politics, birthdays, denigrating other clubs, music, holidays, best places for Sunday lunch, recommendations for a roofer and loads of other non football trivia.

That is the future of football message boards.

There is no future in just sticking to Barnsley FC issues. If we do not become a general discussion board about all and sundry and argue with each other/ points score then the board has no future. That is social media nowadays, like it or not.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 06-10-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Its the halloween curse Roma kid, this board is probably now haunted!. 😲

It's nivver ovva till final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We tend to keep away from politics, birthdays, denigrating other clubs, music, holidays, best places for Sunday lunch, recommendations for a roofer and loads of other non football trivia.

That is the future of football message boards.

There is no future in just sticking to Barnsley FC issues. If we do not become a general discussion board about all and sundry and argue with each other/ points score then the board has no future. That is social media nowadays, like it or not.
    Just had a look at the top most recent posts on BBS this morning--

Rachel Reeves
    Decorator wanted
    Anti Steve Bruce
    anti Wednesday
    anti Wednesday
    Laptop help needed
    PC help needed
    Jake Berry's speech
    Erling Haaland
    M1 closure
    and one about past spending by BFC

This is where we are going wrong. Sticking to being solely a Barnsley FC football message board is so last year. Often there is little new to say about the goings on at a medium sized, low profile, Third Division club day after day.
    What is needed are non BFC football posts and social media trivia such as the above list in order to to fill the board with messages.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 07-10-2022 at 07:31 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast