+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ot - Is this forum dying ?

ot - Is this forum dying ?

Apart from the usual thread starters , nothing much else really , agreeing or disagreeing , yes or no answer's, pretty poor if your only input is the Prediction League though, no offence meant to anyone , but more input would be appreciated , you know you want to ? Don't be shy !! Give it a go ,

It’s been a funny few years Roma…. Pandemic and all that brought. I get what you say. I think the break from attending, and the tv (ifollow) coverage, made a few folk realise that there are other things more important. One of the things I miss '(and I will admit it used to bug me at first when I joined was the O/T debates that often dominated the forum). Now I think there isn’t enough. I think there is a split of opinion, and too much ‘anti/pro debate about the owners, which I know is divisive, and we all know has descended into personal levels sometimes. I remember debating vociferously with Exile about statues, and social issues, yet it never got to personal attacks. We disagreed, yet it didn’t go on for weeks….
    Most discussions revert to the “Board., or BBS” Something we can’t change. Yet the same topics/threads keep being recycled.

Years ago, the BBS, never got mentioned. Ever.
    The Board situation won’t be changed by this board.

Last seasons performances were dire, we have a right to moan and whine…. As the players should have done better and perhaps the owners took stick for the players.

I’d suggest this.
    1) a thread be created to moan about the board. Moan on this one about the board
    2) a thread to be created to criticise the BBS.

No cross contamination.

We all need to work to get the board back to where it was……

It can’t be a copy of other boards. Or it may as well shut.
    Last edited by Jules88; 25-09-2022 at 06:36 PM.

Sadly, this happens and this isn't the only Footy Mad board to have died off a bit in recent years.
    As Jules says there are various reasons and some of them can't be helped.
    But its something Ive always wondered about as well Roma, why some only ever look in on here, but rarely ever join in. 😕

I have not been on here very long & whilst my contributions have been modest I will say i really enjoy it , a lot of differing views which is actually what you want but the thing I like is that it is a true football forum & not a vehicle for people to spout their beliefs about everything & anything , while ever we are discussing football matters then I am interested & enjoy putting in the odd 2 penneth , long may it continue.

I am happy to resurrect my What Happened to White Dog Sh1te thread.

Some new posters would add greatly towards topics of discussion. Unfortunately this message board is dying. However, the BBS grows. People have a choice and the BBS is obviously where most Barnsley fans want to air their views. Its just one of those things. I rarely read the BBS and the odd time that I do I'm not exactly thirsty for more. It's just not my cuppa char. No offence to people on BBS because they probably look at this board and feel the same way.

Most fans don't look at or post on either Board.

Feel the quality, not the width.

I’m probably most guilty for not posting as much anymore. Took a project on that’s much bigger than I ever thought and struggle to even get to a game since covid. Agree with SB , it’s all about twitter and Facebook nowadays , but this is our forum though and it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I have not been on here very long & whilst my contributions have been modest I will say i really enjoy it , a lot of differing views which is actually what you want but the thing I like is that it is a true football forum & not a vehicle for people to spout their beliefs about everything & anything , while ever we are discussing football matters then I am interested & enjoy putting in the odd 2 penneth , long may it continue.
    I’d very much agree with that.
    Yes - more differing opinions is what we want.
    But differing opinions is not what everyone wants on here.
    You only have to see recent posts directed at me and Ponty to realise that.

So yes we want differing views - and argument which will stimulate the message board.
    Argument has to be seen to be a GOOD thing.
    But posters need to remember to always play the ball and not the man.
    In other words respect the right of others to have different views.

IMO there needs to be safeguards against formation of cliques - bullying tactics or abuse.
    Personally with regard to those topics I don’t think things are bad on here right now.

I’d also like to see views on other topics other than football.
    As long as it’s not preaching it dosent matter.
    Or ‘spout their beliefs’ as you put it.

At the moment the board relies too much on Roma and Animal to generate debate.
    We need more people to get involved and throw things on here.

If you know people that post on the BBS or Facebook etc - then try to encourage them to also post on here.
    Personal I think this forum is the best Barnsley board.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I am happy to resurrect my What Happened to White Dog Sh1te thread.
    I still have the photo of my last find! Maybe even a video….. I’ll have a look… There were many other silly threads that made me chuckle….

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast