+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oz kid

Oz kid

We are signing in January come on for Australia v New Zealand yesterday.

He is very fast,beat his man on the right wing and crossed which ended up a pen after a handball.

He reminds me of Saka only a few years younger,surprised that he played as a full International at such a young age.

I read somewhere that he’ll need to go on loan in Europe for a bit to qualify for a work permit here (Brexit).

Garage koul. Tip prospect. Will boost our exposure in that market as well as potential becoming a worldie

Aye, I read that he did reasonably well.

Nice to see some young talent planned in for future.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I read somewhere that he’ll need to go on loan in Europe for a bit to qualify for a work permit here (Brexit).
    How can a deal between Britain and Australia involving an Australian national have any Brexit implications?

I think it must be the need to meet certain criteria in terms of club or international appearances. Actually probably not a Brexit thing - thinking of us failing to sign Brad Friedel from the USA under Keegan years ago because he didn’t tick enough boxes with respect to the above. But, I think potentially this could happen if we try and sign a European player now - Jetro Willems springs to mind who didn’t have enough recent international caps or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I think it must be the need to meet certain criteria in terms of club or international appearances. Actually probably not a Brexit thing - thinking of us failing to sign Brad Friedel from the USA under Keegan years ago because he didn’t tick enough boxes with respect to the above. But, I think potentially this could happen if we try and sign a European player now - Jetro Willems springs to mind who didn’t have enough recent international caps or something.
    Aye - this is what I think the issue is as well.

We'll hit same issues trying to sign young South Americans I believe.

Done his medical and agreed personal terms loved SJP when looking round.

Brought up in Australia but African stock,South Sudan.

Good to see us looking to the future, bodes well.

He'll have to go on loan to a european club first - I'd heard talk of a portugese one?

Any info on how long he would have to play in Europe?

Read some Aussie mag on Twitter saying he was canny but raw so time elsewhere sounds like it would be a good thing anyway. Great to see we're bringing in potential from further afield (well, you couldn't actually get much further afield but you know what I mean )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)