+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fleetwood v Barnsley match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    There's a full three months befooar the transfer window so let's enjoy the moments if we do go on a long run.

If Duff proves to be outstanding I fear some Championship club with a bigger potential and budget may come sniffing. Would he turn Burnley down ? Or a club nearer his family ?
    I was thinking the same SB , keeping hold of Duff is paramount to having any kind of success this season , he's our greatest asset .

However my gut feeling is that he's cut from different cloth from your average Mr Joe HC .

Anyone who took this job in the summer must be different or barking mad , he isn't barking mad .

He's ambitious but my feeling is he's cleverly following a well thought out plan and when he does move on it will be when he's achieved something here .

Duff said in his post match interview that the players were having a right go at each other at half time because the standard of recent weeks had dropped .

That's a very telling insight in to where we are right now .

That's exactly the attitude you need to be successful at any level .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Duff said in his post match interview that the players were having a right go at each other at half time because the standard of recent weeks had dropped .

That's a very telling insight in to where we are right now .

That's exactly the attitude you need to be successful at any level .
    Absolutely. Tha can't laik well every game but we dug art a result and kept a clean sheet. Job done and move on to Exeter match.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    There's a full three months befooar the transfer window so let's enjoy the moments if we do go on a long run.

If Duff proves to be outstanding I fear some Championship club with a bigger potential and budget may come sniffing. Would he turn Burnley down ? Or a club nearer his family ?
    I actually think that he would turn down any initial approaches for his services , he cannot be far off the most loyal man in English football , he has only had two clubs before us in his entire career as both player & coach & I get the feeling he is here for the long haul with a view to completing a project , I think the danger is not Duff but our owners , they have previous for making money out of successful previous coaches . Val was definitely sold & money was made out of Struber & lets be fair they would sell the tea lady if McDonalds came in with a bid , if the ponds signs start to flash then our owners will be in for the kill .

Duff was saying only recently how it is important to recognise the importance of family in footballing career decisions. Duff's wife is a Cheltenham born woman and their kids are settled in good schools in Cheltenham. They decided the family would stay in Cheltenham. I don't know Duff's living arrangements in Barnsley but, however good they are, he must miss his family. Does he drive back to Cheltenham weekends after the game until training resumes ?
    Duff's loyalty would be torn if Burnley came knocking or if he could return home most days from, say, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, WBA.

Would he really turn that down if the opportunity arose ? That's without even factoring in the family finance boost setting his children up for their futures at University and buying homes down south.

We may think the pull of Barnsley would overcome all that but I am not so sure.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-10-2022 at 05:21 AM.

By Friday he will be at Boro…. ( joking )

No doubt there will be a significant release clause.
    Or is that another Hex style cock-up by our CEO/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456