+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowest point under Fatso's reign.

Lowest point under Fatso's reign.

Ragatino's most recent post made me think of this.

There must have been hundreds of low points to choose from and probably hundreds of opinions during the Fat Slug's tenure to consider.

I think that appointment of JokingEar was one of the worst and stupidest.

There are almost too many low points to mention. Poor managers, signings, lack of investment at all levels, fcuk all communication. Only 11 days till 7th October, takeover day, and one year since that parasite finally fcuked off

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    There are almost too many low points to mention. Poor managers, signings, lack of investment at all levels, fcuk all communication. Only 11 days till 7th October, takeover day, and one year since that parasite finally fcuked off
    Yohan kebab, asking Wigan if the olayer loaned to them was for sale... on and on, what a loser

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Yohan kebab, asking Wigan if the olayer loaned to them was for sale... on and on, what a loser
    I actually thought that Yohan Kebab interview was hilarious at the time. It was either laugh or cry so i decided to laugh. I remember thinking at the time though that Joe Kinnear was showing signs of dementia, being very confused/unwell....clearly that made him the perfect candidate for for the job in Ashley's eyes and he was diagnosed with dementia in 2015 i think it was

The whole 14 years. Where do we start?

*Rafa leaving - hope was built prior to it
    *Keegan leaving , the truth became clear to what MA true intentions really were -
    hopes were raised
    *No investment after 5th place - hopes were raised.
    *No replacement when Carroll went - hopes were raised.
    *1st relegation under Shearer - hopes were raised.
    *losing Hughton - he raised hopes.

See the pattern? Better to remain hopeless.

* Carver, Kinnear, Pardew, Bruce appointments. To be fair hopes weren't raised here.
    *Stadium name change, selling all our best players and replacing them with shiite or not at all.
    * The headbutt
    *Jonas treatment
    *The two fingers in the taxi, vomit in the fireplace.
    *Early cup exits
    * Media, managers, players defending the regime.
    2nd relegation.

Did I miss anything?

Not sacking Benitez.

Giving my season ticket up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Giving my season ticket up.
    That was a valiant thing to do at the time Zip. A showing of principle.

The lowest point for me was the stadium renaming episode. It showed his utter disregard of the history of the club and made clear that his one and only objective was to make money.

When we could not afford the loan fee for Choudry from Leicester City.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)