+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Letters of No Confidence Going In - PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    We have entered the final seconds of ignorance for humanity. People will go to and fro looking for answers and none will be forthcoming. A new age approaches but will be viewed through the eyes of the old age. Change is what is needed because change is what's coming.
    You are witnessing the ending of an age. The time is fast approaching 02:20 (for those who work through the Titanic chronology approach)

This

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Anyone who helps those who are in need or on their knees! I am ok and you are too but I care for all those who are not. Speaking to a doctor friend who says mental health and attempted suicides going through the roof but hey - we will soon hear of someone soon who is very wealthy with problems! I would show sympathy to everyone but any normal person would have more sympathy for some poor chap doing two jobs who can’t feed his kids and at breaking point.

Truss had a golden opportunity but blew it! Why ignore those who are desperate and give a huge amount more money to the very wealthy including footballers? Stupid f uckin woman but hey if you are ok Jack - you won’t care!

That’s the problem with too many - greed! How many will donate their 5% tax cut on over 150 grand a week to food banks etc? For the record - I took about £50 worth of food to a food bank last week but hey I don’t want a medal!

Greed - greed - greed! Add corruption to that too!

But YOU wanted her AL......you were the first one to stand up and shout out that she’d make the best PM.

She’s been there less than three weeks.

Who do you want now?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    But YOU wanted her AL......you were the first one to stand up and shout out that she’d make the best PM.

She’s been there less than three weeks.

Who do you want now?

No I said she was the best one out of the two! It was quite obvious Sunak is brighter but he’s a hateful little back stabbing toad!

Surely you care about next to no help for those who are on their knees? Sad how those who will benefit from the tax cut on over 150 grand are ok Jack!

Truss had a wonderful opportunity with that budget but blew it! Making the rich richer - well she deserves all the flak coming her way! If you don’t think so - perhaps it’s because it does not effect you. Me neither but I care about those who are crying out for help. Doing my bit for food banks and trust others who are fortunate are doing their bit too.

Personally, didn't like either Sunak or Truss but having watched a fair bit of their campaigns I always thought that Sunak would have the better experience in terms of managing the economy (Truss made no bones from the start about what she intended to do and I never liked the idea of funding tax cuts through further borrowing) and also, rather surprisingly, that he had more of a social conscience than her. All academic of course as I'm not a party member so had no choice in the matter.

Don't disagree with some things, such as lowering corporation tax or reducing rate of income tax by a percent but, as others on here have said before, raising the tax threshold would have been far fairer. All she has done is make the rich and super-rich wealthier still and done f.a.for the poorer in society. Her supporters claim they are " not a party of envy". B ol locks! It isn't about envy, it is about fairness and the ideal that any government should try and help all in society.

The Tory grandees will be right to worry as her actions so far will likely lose the Conservatives the gains made in the last election in the Red Wall as well as a few from the "squeezed" middle income bracket to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    No I said she was the best one out of the two! It was quite obvious Sunak is brighter but he’s a hateful little back stabbing toad!

Surely you care about next to no help for those who are on their knees? Sad how those who will benefit from the tax cut on over 150 grand are ok Jack!

Truss had a wonderful opportunity with that budget but blew it! Making the rich richer - well she deserves all the flak coming her way! If you don’t think so - perhaps it’s because it does not effect you. Me neither but I care about those who are crying out for help. Doing my bit for food banks and trust others who are fortunate are doing their bit too.
    A lot of economists reckon that if you lower taxes for the rich the actual overall tax take becomes higher.

1/ Less tax avoidance goes on.

2/ More people choose to come here and to pay their taxes here.

The problem isn’t the rich earning an extra £100K a year or more, the bigger problems are the Amazon and Google types completely taking the p I s s.

I would make changes to corporate taxation and tax large companies on TURNOVER created within the U.K. to U.K. customers, THAT figure cannot be hidden.

If a U.K. citizen is invoiced by Amazon then a portion of that sale should be paid to U.K. coffers, if a company is then selling at a loss ( which they won’t be! ) then it’s their problem.

I would also make this payment due at the moment of sale so that the fee is deducted from the customer payment straight to the exchequer.

There are easy ways to catch out these giants but the problem is always that we use tired old taxation methods rather than implement these new types of strategies.

I have no problem with people earning millions and paying tax at the rate of £400k for every million they earn, I’m not into personal envy.

I am against business giants tax avoidance and I’m massively against the huge government waste that we all see.

I want to see rigour in taxation and rigour in government procurement ahead of bashing wealthy people.

A lot of economists reckon that if you lower taxes for the rich the actual overall tax take becomes higher.

1/ Less tax avoidance goes on.

2/ More people choose to come here and to pay their taxes here.

The problem isn’t the rich earning an extra £100K a year or more, the bigger problems are the Amazon and Google types completely taking the p I s s.

I would make changes to corporate taxation and tax large companies on TURNOVER created within the U.K. to U.K. customers, THAT figure cannot be hidden.

If a U.K. citizen is invoiced by Amazon then a portion of that sale should be paid to U.K. coffers, if a company is then selling at a loss ( which they won’t be! ) then it’s their problem.

I would also make this payment due at the moment of sale so that the fee is deducted from the customer payment straight to the exchequer.

There are easy ways to catch out these giants but the problem is always that we use tired old taxation methods rather than implement these new types of strategies.

I have no problem with people earning millions and paying tax at the rate of £400k for every million they earn, I’m not into personal envy.

I am against business giants tax avoidance and I’m massively against the huge government waste that we all see.

I want to see rigour in taxation and rigour in government procurement ahead of bashing wealthy people.

Agree with you and certainly would not bash any wealthy people if dues are paid. Wealthy people who use private medical care rightly say they are no strain on the NHS. Likewise private school places are no strain on the public purse and actually save about 10K of funding if the child had gone to a state school.

My issue though is the tax bracket for the wealthy elite should not have been lowered. Likewise the higher tax bracket should have been increased to about 75K so there’s a real pay benefit of someone earning let’s say 6OK to someone just below the higher tax bracket!

Some fines are also 150% of a weekly wage up to a maximum of £2500. So why should someone pay the same as a wealthy footballer who could be on 50 grand a week. A fine should be 150% if a weekly wage without any maximum so it’s fair! Likewise why should council tax be the same banding let’s say for a million pound house or say a 30 million pound house! The percentage again should reflect.

So much unfairness out there!
    Last edited by baggieal; 26-09-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Certainly agree that improved systems are urgently required to ensure that all companies pay the tax they should and that any "loopholes" are closed, just as I totally agree that there need to be far better systems in place to work at curbing the continued waste in public spending. I might also add that I also believe that there is still a need for greater transparency to ensure that ministers do not have any vested interests in the companies they award contracts to and that far greater due diligence is needed regarding the sale of any key utilities, businesses or property (including housing) to private ownership, particularly foreign owners.

As for the wealthy and super-rich, I have no problem at all with them enjoying the fruits of their talents or hard work-provided these have not also been attained at the expense or exploitation of others (e.g. Poor pay/conditions) or systems (e.g. tax avoidance/enabling of monopilization/ corruption).

I don’t get why we need to give Truss a chance Mick as it’s been only 3 weeks when she is blatantly in the pocket of big oil companies.
    The news about her giving the energy companies those loans which we pay for should have alarmed everyone to think wtf is she playing at? But this news seems to have been swept away, then a week or so later again.. with the tax cuts. Some of us can see the pattern this is following others may not.

The problem with politics is we support a party as if it’s a football team. When your team is doing bad, you simply get behind them. I’m sorry, but how many chances do they need - knowing what you know that past policies have had zero impact.
    You can’t get behind ‘your team’ when it comes to politicians, because they are simply screwing us over. That’s why, even though i criticise tory politics, I’ll do the same if any other party member did something so moronic - like damage the economy. We’re in a recession and we’ve played all our cards - they were sh it cards too.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I don’t get why we need to give Truss a chance Mick as it’s been only 3 weeks when she is blatantly in the pocket of big oil companies.
    The news about her giving the energy companies those loans which we pay for should have alarmed everyone to think wtf is she playing at? But this news seems to have been swept away, then a week or so later again.. with the tax cuts. Some of us can see the pattern this is following others may not.

The problem with politics is we support a party as if it’s a football team. When your team is doing bad, you simply get behind them. I’m sorry, but how many chances do they need - knowing what you know that past policies have had zero impact.
    You can’t get behind ‘your team’ when it comes to politicians, because they are simply screwing us over. That’s why, even though i criticise tory politics, I’ll do the same if any other party member did something so moronic - like damage the economy. We’re in a recession and we’ve played all our cards - they were sh it cards too.
    I’ve never been wedded to any political party Regis, I’ve voted for Labour and three other parties in the past 25 years.

My biggest problem with Labour is the Momentum lot hiding in plain site and the utter, visceral hatred a lot of Labour MP’s and followers show towards people who’ve made money in their lives.

I voted for Blair because I felt that the party was sensible with good policies and that the nutters had been exorcised.

My natural political home is really a tiny % to the right of centre I guess but I’m comfortable with the same distance to the left of centre.

When I was a young bloke I used to vote Liberal, in truth that’s where my inclination is to vote.

The problem is that in all the places I’ve lived since I was a kid a Lib vote has been a wasted vote.

I’ve been underwhelmed by the Libs leadership since the little ginger alcoholic gave up the job and Davey is just such a wet. The Eu stuff turned me away from them as well.

Given the state of play now I certainly wouldn’t rule out voting for them again because the Brexit issue has become a shambles.

I’ve said on here to 123 on a few occasions now that I would be in favour of a new party made up of centrist politicians with an agenda to rejoin the Eu, I’ll hold my hands up again and admit that I shouldn’t have voted for Brexit.

There’s just so many people in Labour who I can’t stand and I don’t think the Corbyn followers can be kept quiet if they get into power.

I’ve never been wedded to any political party Regis, I’ve voted for Labour and three other parties in the past 25 years.

My biggest problem with Labour is the Momentum lot hiding in plain site and the utter, visceral hatred a lot of Labour MP’s and followers show towards people who’ve made money in their lives.

I voted for Blair because I felt that the party was sensible with good policies and that the nutters had been exorcised.

My natural political home is really a tiny % to the right of centre I guess but I’m comfortable with the same distance to the left of centre.

When I was a young bloke I used to vote Liberal, in truth that’s where my inclination is to vote.

The problem is that in all the places I’ve lived since I was a kid a Lib vote has been a wasted vote.

I’ve been underwhelmed by the Libs leadership since the little ginger alcoholic gave up the job and Davey is just such a wet. The Eu stuff turned me away from them as well.

Given the state of play now I certainly wouldn’t rule out voting for them again because the Brexit issue has become a shambles.

I’ve said on here to 123 on a few occasions now that I would be in favour of a new party made up of centrist politicians with an agenda to rejoin the Eu, I’ll hold my hands up again and admit that I shouldn’t have voted for Brexit.

There’s just so many people in Labour who I can’t stand and I don’t think the Corbyn followers can be kept quiet if they get into power.
    I do think Starmer is doing a good job of keeping the far left down. If you look at Momentums social media pages, they are full of criticism for him and he's being called Blair 2.0 by them, which are good signs in my view.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)