+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Letters of No Confidence Going In - PM

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I do think Starmer is doing a good job of keeping the far left down. If you look at Momentums social media pages, they are full of criticism for him and he's being called Blair 2.0 by them, which are good signs in my view.
    He’s been used as a Stalking Horse in my opinion 123, just to get them into office.

I think he’ll have a complete nightmare once in office in trying to keep them at bay.

Rayner is a massive problem for him and for Labour in general, she’s universally disliked by anyone other than the Leftie zealot brigade.

Lisa Nandy as second in command would have universal appeal and send a strong message.

The problem is that a Rayner or Rebecca Long-Bailey in the number two seat is demanded by the unions and zealots.

This is Labour’s problem, they are just the same as the Tories in that they are two parties within one and it’s a constant “oil and water” scenario.

[QUOTE=mickd1961;40127769]He’s been used as a Stalking Horse in my opinion 123, just to get them into office.

I think he’ll have a complete nightmare once in office in trying to keep them at bay.

Rayner is a massive problem for him and for Labour in general, she’s universally disliked by anyone other than the Leftie zealot brigade.

Lisa Nandy as second in command would have universal appeal and send a strong message.

The problem is that a Rayner or Rebecca Long-Bailey in the number two seat is demanded by the unions and zealots.

This is Labour’s problem, they are just the same as the Tories in that they are two parties within one and it’s a constant “oil and water” scenario.

ref your last comment Mick this is another reason why I'm in favour of Proportional Representation. People may argue that the more number of political parties there are, the less chance of any gaining a majority which might then hamper policy making but it would surely be no worse than the situation we are in at the moment, and it would also be a fairer representation of the populations wishes.

[QUOTE=Omegstrat6;40127797]
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    He’s been used as a Stalking Horse in my opinion 123, just to get them into office.

ref your last comment Mick this is another reason why I'm in favour of Proportional Representation. People may argue that the more number of political parties there are, the less chance of any gaining a majority which might then hamper policy making but it would surely be no worse than the situation we are in at the moment, and it would also be a fairer representation of the populations wishes.
    Your last paragraph fills me with horror.

PR is a s h I t show.......worse potentially than where we sit now.

No thanks.

If all parties apart from the Conservatives wanted to implement Proportional Representation, then I would definitely vote Conservative. The only reason that some want PR is because that is the only way that they can get into some position of power.

I'm in favour of PR, and the reason is one that Mick himself has said. He said he wouldn't vote Lib Dem in the past because it seems like a wasted vote...how many other people would that apply to? How many other parties does that apply to?

We need to get away from this 2 party system we have. Because when you don't have faith in either, then there's no other choice on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I'm in favour of PR, and the reason is one that Mick himself has said. He said he wouldn't vote Lib Dem in the past because it seems like a wasted vote...how many other people would that apply to? How many other parties does that apply to?

We need to get away from this 2 party system we have. Because when you don't have faith in either, then there's no other choice on offer.
    There isn’t a country that I’m aware of where PR has been successful.

You end up with a situation where you continually get no decision on anything due to logjams.

I’d rather Labour get in with a majority than a fudge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)