+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go get Rob Edwards now

Go get Rob Edwards now

Sacked by Watford ideal for us

Quote Originally Posted by thebournemouthmiller View Post
    He may go into TS's thinking otherwise I think he'll be on his way back to Forest Green.

Quote Originally Posted by thebournemouthmiller View Post
    All depends what is pay off was from Watford, ie can’t manage another club for 6 months etc like it’s put into some agreements. Did very well for Forest Green last season. Knows what he wants and he’s a YOUNG Manager just what TS is after.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    He may go into TS's thinking otherwise I think he'll be on his way back to Forest Green.
    So a manager that has failed in the Championship with some of the best players in the league is right for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    So a manager that has failed in the Championship with some of the best players in the league is right for us?
    He had 10 matches, he didn't fail. Watford are in a league of their own with hiring and firing, crazy club.

1 point outside the playoffs and Watford fans in universal agreement it seems, when it comes to him not being supported with players that would benefit his system.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    All depends what is pay off was from Watford, ie can’t manage another club for 6 months etc like it’s put into some agreements. Did very well for Forest Green last season. Knows what he wants and he’s a YOUNG Manager just what TS is after.
    I'm not sure I've ever heard of a manager being sacked and then restricted from working elsewhere, in football or in fact in any job.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever heard of a manager being sacked and then restricted from working elsewhere, in football or in fact in any job.
    I'm sure it must have happened if the reason they were sacked involved ***ual offences of a criminal nature. In such cases they would be debarred from all employment opportunities other than with the BBC or as a Member of Parliament - allegedly

Wouldn’t be on my list. He didn’t leave Forest Green on the best terms.
    The FG chairman allegedly said that his agent had told him not to tell them about the Watford job.
    Don’t think that would go down well with TS

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    He can if he’s signed a CDA, but of course it depends on the wording eg, period of time, pay off details. You will find that they are also covered by a number of legal clauses regarding the condition(s) of such pay off, assuming he signed one of course.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 26-09-2022 at 04:05 PM.

Doesn't seem right profile for us. I'd like a manager whose worked his way up to being good enough for us in the championship who fans will take to. Ainsworth still my no. 1 choice followed by Bonner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast