+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One for BT

One for BT

Thought you would like this one BT :-

Spot on CiB, thanks for that!

I could not put it better myself.

Comic genius, I like it. I like especially "By the time she's kicked out of office, she may very well have bankrupted the nation."

Has this comedian not noticed, we ARE fecking bankrupt, the National Debt back in March was £2.365 BILLION, god knows what it is now, and we were borrowing £5 BILLION a month just to service the debt and keep the country ticking over.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Comic genius, I like it. I like especially "By the time she's kicked out of office, she may very well have bankrupted the nation."

Has this comedian not noticed, we ARE fecking bankrupt, the National Debt back in March was £2.365 BILLION, god knows what it is now, and we were borrowing £5 BILLION a month just to service the debt and keep the country ticking over.
    Indeed, mon ami and you constantly mention the ALK debt. It's not even considered to be pocket change against these numbers.

I would love to hear your response if a Labour Chancellor was doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Indeed, mon ami and you constantly mention the ALK debt. It's not even considered to be pocket change against these numbers.

I would love to hear your response if a Labour Chancellor was doing it.
    Neither Truss nor Kwarteng is responsible for the debt, and if we'd had a Labour Chancellor it would have been higher, as evidenced by Labour's daily demands for bigger and longer furlough payments and lockdowns.

Besides which, I have no objection to a government allowing me, you, and everyone else to keep more of our own money. In fact I quite approve.

We are supposedly in the middle of a cost-of-living crisis, with Electricity and Gas prices at record levels. As for water we are losing a quarter of all that is produced to leaking pipes.

We have also borrowed a record amount to combat Covid-19, which will have to be repaid at some time in the future.

So, what does our new Prime Minister advocate, unbelievable borrowing more to fund tax cuts at will mostly benefit the richest people in the country. The financial institutions have already reacted to the government's action. and we see the GB pound at its lowest level for a considerable time. This will undoubtedly make the cost-of-living crisis worse, since the main energy prices are internationally traded in US Dollars, and it will have a significant impact particularly for the poorest people of the nation.

I am convinced that "Thick Lizzy" will be a complete disaster for a once proud nation.

No worries about energy prices, "Tumbling gas prices on track to slash £60bn cost of energy ..." besides which, the government is throwing that much cash at me to cover my energy bills, it'll probably cost me less to heat the house this winter than it did last.

No worries about energy prices, "Tumbling gas prices on track to slash £60bn cost of energy ..." besides which, the government is throwing that much cash at me to cover my energy bills, it'll probably cost me less to heat the house this winter than it did last.
    My wife pays the bills in our house. Last week she had several communications from our energy provider and on one hand the increases had her shaking her head in alarm, the next thing she's telling me the government are giving her sixty quid a month to help her out.

You know I'm not overly fund of this government mon ami, but are they smoking crack or what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My wife pays the bills in our house. Last week she had several communications from our energy provider and on one hand the increases had her shaking her head in alarm, the next thing she's telling me the government are giving her sixty quid a month to help her out.

You know I'm not overly fund of this government mon ami, but are they smoking crack or what?
    I'm thinking of booking a cruise with my extra money mon ami, turn the CH down at home and let P&O pay the heating bills as we cruise the high seas. I just love Corbynomics, and you don't need to vote Labour to get the benefits either. Just another day in the Lunatic Asylum.

I'm thinking of booking a cruise with my extra money mon ami, turn the CH down at home and let P&O pay the heating bills as we cruise the high seas. I just love Corbynomics, and you don't need to vote Labour to get the benefits either. Just another day in the Lunatic Asylum.
    We are seriously considering cashing up and buggering off to finish our days in the Canaries mon ami. This place is f*cked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)