+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Football Radar Signings

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If anyone still doubts it, please step forward and let it be known.

Looking back I know quite a few familiar faces (well names) on here really doubted, questioned and argued the quality of the recruitment under the owners and #radar on multiple threads but I do hope that even they have finally changed their minds on this topic.

We certainly don't want to dig those threads/posts up. Best to keep things positive, which is easy to when it comes to players in through the door.
    Probably 5 of those signings weren't from FR but the manager at the time.

If anyone still doubts it, please step forward and let it be known.

Looking back I know quite a few familiar faces (well names) on here really doubted, questioned and argued the quality of the recruitment under the owners and #radar on multiple threads but I do hope that even they have finally changed their minds on this topic.

We certainly don't want to dig those threads/posts up. Best to keep things positive, which is easy to when it comes to players in through the door.
    Why should anyone step forward? Presumably they have made comments because they believe it. To be lined up for prolonged smarmy criticism? Oh, by the way, I think it is patently obvious that recruitment has improved.

I seriously doubt they will Woody lol. Agree they have made it because they believed it, and even if they have changed their mind since (which really is allowed) they won't say it.

Just shows how darn easy it is for anyone to fire seemingly endless criticism at all areas of the club without any threat of comeback or consequence#viva.

I also seriously doubt any prolonged smarmy criticism will change anything but you never know

More importantly it is patently obvious that recruitment has improved compared to previous regimes/approaches, could it also be that recruitment is slowly improving during the football radar period only?

The exciting thing is how much recruitment is likely to further improve if we get back into the Football League. Not just because we'll be able to attract better players, but because we *might* be able to shop for players from Europe again, a route that closed to us and other NL clubs in 2020 because of Brexit.

Genuine question - have we made a ‘bad’ permanent signing under the new owners/since relegation (I think the first window was 90% Ardley because we had no time). There’s been the odd dud loanee, but they’re always going to be somewhat hit and miss, but otherwise?

Even the ones who take some time to get going seem to start contributing and showing why we’ve signed them eventually, Nemane and Mitchell are doing it this year and Chicksen has done as well.

Maybe Lewis Knight is the closest, although injuries pretty much killed any chance he had.

Quote Originally Posted by woodypie View Post
    To be lined up for prolonged smarmy criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Genuine question - have we made a ‘bad’ permanent signing under the new owners/since relegation (I think the first window was 90% Ardley because we had no time). There’s been the odd dud loanee, but they’re always going to be somewhat hit and miss, but otherwise?

Even the ones who take some time to get going seem to start contributing and showing why we’ve signed them eventually, Nemane and Mitchell are doing it this year and Chicksen has done as well.

Maybe Lewis Knight is the closest, although injuries pretty much killed any chance he had.
    New signings do seem to get a longer period of time to ''bed in'' and prove themselves, that's for sure.

I seriously doubt they will Woody lol. Agree they have made it because they believed it, and even if they have changed their mind since (which really is allowed) they won't say it.

Just shows how darn easy it is for anyone to fire seemingly endless criticism at all areas of the club without any threat of comeback or consequence#viva.

I also seriously doubt any prolonged smarmy criticism will change anything but you never know

More importantly it is patently obvious that recruitment has improved compared to previous regimes/approaches, could it also be that recruitment is slowly improving during the football radar period only?
    OK I‘ll bite, it seems after your ‚quiet period‘ you are returning to type with the condescending posts, as in another thread about IB everyone has and is entitled to an opinion whether you agree or not, there’s no right or wrong, anyway my two pence worth……

This is how I judge recruitment, for however many seasons we have been in the National League two teams have always finished above us and been promoted. So for me no recruitment as a whole hasn’t been perfect as two teams have bought in the players (and manager / coach) needed to get them out of this league and have got the recruitment process right for what was needed, the end game promotion.

Yes we bring in some players who are easy on the eye but it hasn’t realised the end game goal of promotion. How many times have there been conversations on here about a 'soft underbelly’ within the team? Is that something people have considered in their assessment of the whole recruitment process? For me, when we are promoted then you can say the process has worked.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-09-2022 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

I would strongly suggest that you can still recruit well and still not get promoted.

After all many elements go into determining whether a club gets promoted not just recruitment so IMO it is wrong to simply say that it is only a good recruitment process if it results in promotion.

I would strongly suggest that you can still recruit well and still not get promoted.

After all many elements go into determining whether a club gets promoted not just recruitment so IMO it is wrong to simply say that it is only a good recruitment process if it results in promotion.
    Agreed. Maybe if we had recruited poorly we would have finished mid table, or even worse, relegated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast