+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Football Radar Signings

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Agreed. Maybe if we had recruited poorly we would have finished mid table, or even worse, relegated.
    Our 1st season (2019-2020) we finished 3rd and lost at Wembley. The team was put together days before the season began. (Ardley)
    Our 2nd season (2020-2021) we finished 5th and lost in the semi-final. The team was pretty much assembled for that season. (Radar/Ardley)
    Our 3rd season (2021-2022) we again finish 5th and lost in the semi final. The team was all in place to start the season. (Radar)

That's continual decline, right?

Interesting post so "Our 1st season (2019-2020) we finished 3rd and lost at Wembley. The team was put together days before the season began. (Ardley)" And yet many refused to accept that the p!ss poor and clearly behind schedule pre-season was a valid excuse for a slow start to that season. Plus finishing 3rd and losing at the Wembey final was a sackable offence.

I wonder what the respective squad wage bill and average age were for each of those 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Our 1st season (2019-2020) we finished 3rd and lost at Wembley. The team was put together days before the season began. (Ardley)
    Our 2nd season (2020-2021) we finished 5th and lost in the semi-final. The team was pretty much assembled for that season. (Radar/Ardley)
    Our 3rd season (2021-2022) we again finish 5th and lost in the semi final. The team was all in place to start the season. (Radar)

I did say to you lads in 2019-20, ''This might well be our best chance to get out of this League for a while''. Oops. One mitigating factor that needs to be taken into consideration is, this League has certainly become more competitive and harder to get promo from, season on season. What with all the dosh being thrown around.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-09-2022 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's continual decline, right?

Interesting post so "Our 1st season (2019-2020) we finished 3rd and lost at Wembley. The team was put together days before the season began. (Ardley)" And yet many refused to accept that the p!ss poor and clearly behind schedule pre-season was a valid excuse for a slow start to that season. Plus finishing 3rd and losing at the Wembey final was a sackable offence.

I wonder what the respective squad wage bill and average age were for each of those 3 seasons.
    He got the sack towards the end of the following season.

He got the sack towards the end of the following season.
    That's correct that is when our sensible owners took the decision to sack him, far more apt than the end of the earlier season IMO.

I was referring to the repeated calls on here for him to be sacked throughout the season, including straight after the play off final defeat, naturally . All this after , as you say, the "team was put together days before the season began" which I totally agree with btw, horrible preparation. So did NA get harsh treatment on NCM in that 1st season after all? Was that preseason and 11th hour recruitment a valid excuse after all? Who knows? Who really cares? Is the recruitment approach, process, plan better getting better? Or does that dramatic slip from 3rd to 5th suggest otherwise?

For anyone who's interested, here are the squads for the previous 3 seasons plus this one so far.

Question:
    Which one, if any of these four seasons, had/has the better squad and why?

https://www.nottscountystats.com/squad 2019-20

https://www.nottscountystats.com/squad-2020-21

https://www.nottscountystats.com/not...-squad-2021-22

https://www.nottscountystats.com/copy-of-squad-2022-23

We lost in the Quarter final last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Thats even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    And that’s my point that’s how I assess the recruitment it’s all about getting out the league, not a posters love affair with certain players. For me it’s about getting out the League with players that can do it, as the last few posts have proved there has been a decline over the seasons on where we have finished.

Obviously we can all assess and view the recruitment differently, and although it is a very definitive, clean cut approach by judging it purely on promotion but I believe it is too simplistic an approach to adopt with so many factors impacting whether a a club achieves promotion or not.

Finishing league position is the best measure of a club's overall performance without a doubt in my eyes but loses a lot of its credibility and weight when looking at an individual element such as recruitment.

Promotion = success. That is nothing new to anyone in football outside the top flight, I would hope everyone on here realises that without the regular reminders.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast