+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Top Ten Football Radar Signings

I am just trying to think where Matty Palmer and Aden Baldwin came from.
    I am also amazed that anyone can question that our recruitment hasn't improved under radar, not only regarding the players we have signed, but strategy wise as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I am also amazed that anyone can question that our recruitment hasn't improved under radar, not only regarding the players we have signed, but strategy wise as well.
    I don’t think a single poster has denied that it’s improved, because it obviously has. Although after dropping to this level, it was nigh on impossible not to improve on the piss poor job done previously. What I think is that although it’s improved in leaps and bounds, I won’t be able to describe it as ‘successful’ until it gets us out of this division at the right end.

"improved in leaps and bounds" is a very apt way of describing it in my eyes.

Also agree with 1959 when he rightly mentions an improved "strategy". We have a consistent strategy full stop!!! Which is a huge improvement on the ad hoc inconsistent p!ss poor approach previously employed which we sadly all got used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don’t think a single poster has denied that it’s improved, because it obviously has. Although after dropping to this level, it was nigh on impossible not to improve on the piss poor job done previously. What I think is that although it’s improved in leaps and bounds, I won’t be able to describe it as ‘successful’ until it gets us out of this division at the right end.
    Just reiterates how bad its been probably Hardy’s final season being the worst, well was the worst. Possibly the highest budget in the league and we got relegated. I do wonder if that’s ever happened to anyone before, gone down with a top 3 budget?

I’m really happy with all the signings bar TAR, he might play a part going forward. If we are not hit by multiple injuries I think anything outside the top 3 will be a heavy disappointment.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-09-2022 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

I don't think the level you are at denotes whether your recruitment should improve on previous transactions. If we still had Hardy or Trew in charge, my guess is we would still be signing dross, lol.
    If recruitment continues to improve, then ultimately it will get you out of any division you are in, at the right end.
    I agree with matt_magpie that anything outside the top three now will be a heavy disappointment, given a level playing field. This is something I would not have felt in the previous three seasons at this level, which must say we are improving.

A very good post '59 from start to finish agree with every word.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I don't think the level you are at denotes whether your recruitment should improve on previous transactions.
    I think it does. The lower you sink, the more attractive you are compared to your rivals, especially in our case. If we were in the Premiership, signing for Notts County would hold minimal appeal. Probably only Wrexham hold more appeal at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think it does. The lower you sink, the more attractive you are compared to your rivals, especially in our case. If we were in the Premiership, signing for Notts County would hold minimal appeal. Probably only Wrexham hold more appeal at this level.
    Kind of, but realistically in terms of budget we’re probably competing with teams in League Two more than we are all bar three or four teams in our own league for players.

I guess that partly means you’d expect our team to be good for the level we’re at, but also that we’re doing well to sign players like Rodrigues, Palmer and Langstaff when we’re shopping in the same pool as clubs in the league above.

In view of the universal agreement that our recruitment has dramatically improved (despite brexit, which must have had an impact), where does that leave the academy?

If I remember rightly, there's no centralised funding for academies at our level so it's coming from the owners' pockets. Should we carry on with it in its current format, or could they money be more effectively used on the first team?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345