+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pope

Pope

Oh dear Nick,what have you done.

I don't think we'll see him in an England shirt again, get Pickford back in FFS.

He's not a Burnley player so he's not England's No. one anymore so do we care?

It's a real shame, he's waited a long while for his big chance, and then he goes and proves his critics right in spectacular fashion. There is no way back for him now.

A poor performance to say the least. At one point, thought, he stood for about a minute looking for someone to give the ball to, rather than lumping it upfield. The Germans closed every available player down.

I suspect Ramsdale will be given his chance. Pope will not be afforded the same loyalty as Southgate heaps on Harry Maguire!

I'm gutted for the lad, never saw him drop a bollox like that playing for Burnley - ever.

His kicking his bloody awful too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm gutted for the lad, never saw him drop a bollox like that playing for Burnley - ever.

His kicking his bloody awful too!
    His whole body language showed that he was uncomfortable. I doubt that he had much confidence in the centre-backs to protect him. Germany pressed too which made playing out from the back difficult.

Still he has had plenty of time to improve his distribution!

SHame, he made a boob which cost a goal, it happens. Maguire cost us the other two goals but he will be in the team no matter what.
    All the criticism of Nick's footwork makes me laugh, he had outfield players in front of him who could not even pass the bloody ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    SHame, he made a boob which cost a goal, it happens. Maguire cost us the other two goals but he will be in the team no matter what.
    All the criticism of Nick's footwork makes me laugh, he had outfield players in front of him who could not even pass the bloody ball!
    True enough Sub, but even I, a Burnley fan, have seen enough. A couple of times he looked like a rabbit frozen in the headlights, I have every sympathy for him, but as an England fan I don't want to see him in an England shirt again. Pickford is regarded by many as a bit of a clown, but I can't recall him ever costing England a goal, he can't get back in the England team soon enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I said exactly the same during the game mon ami. The real shame was the commentators could hardly wait for Pope to drop a clanger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)