+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Birchnall Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I don’t get this hatred for Burchnall and certainly am not of the opinion he s*at on us and if you want to slag him off you could at least get his name right.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Ditto
    Double ditto

IMO sacking a half competent manager now would make relegation more likely, not less.

The hatred for him on here is nonsensical. There is no way any sane person would have turned down a promotion two leagues up for presumably higher pay.

Personally I wish him and FGR all the best.

His departure and the way it was conducted left a bad taste in the mouth but he's gone. I was supportive of him while he was here but he's elsewhere, LW is taking us forward, and I don't think I feel so much for how IB does now - one way or the other.

Far more interested in following Cal's post-Notts career than Ian's.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Double ditto
    Treble ditto

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Treble ditto
    Additional ditto. IB was probably offered a big salary raise, why wouldn't he take it?
    The OP doesn't seem to have made a humble apology yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I don’t get this hatred for Burchnall and certainly am not of the opinion he s*at on us and if you want to slag him off you could at least get his name right.
    Oh is that who he is on about. I'm saw the thread said Birchnall and I was going to go onto Wiki to find out who he was

He had a contract, he fulfilled it and despite missing out on going up he changed our style, to the liking of many, which has given LW a platform to build on.

Who on here has turned down a move up the ladder and more pay? Hands up.

Ditto all the dittos.

It's just what a very small section of football fanbases do, must make them feel a bit better?!

Same happened when NA left. I put it down to venting built up frustration, disappointment and anger.

Personally I just can't get myself so worked up about ex-Notts managers like others do, we've had far too many to care quite that much

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Ditto all the dittos.

It's just what a very small section of football fanbases do, must make them feel a bit better?!

Same happened when NA left. I put it down to venting built up frustration, disappointment and anger.

Personally I just can't get myself so worked up about ex-Notts managers like others do, we've had far too many to care quite that much
    I think it comes down to maturity as well.
    I was in my ****s when Big Sam left us. I hated him for it. Really hated him.
    I was early 30’s when Cotterill didn’t extend and I just felt gutted.
    Im now in my early 40’s and totally understand why IB took the job and wish him well.
    Maybe if I was still in my ****s I’d hate the bloke?

I don’t think anyone has said they ‘hate’ Burchnall or that he was wrong to take the job. I think there’s some bitterness that he had already talked to another club and accepted another job before the playoffs. There was talk before the game itself about whether that would affect the performance and some of us think it did.

I do wish people would respond to what’s been written rather than what’s in their head.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast