+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Birchnall Sacked

I think calling someone a "slimeball" is tantamount to hatred. Personally IB was a breath of fresh air when he replaced NA. The football (especially at ML) was entertaining, and we scored in every home game last season. I hope he is successful at FGR.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t think anyone has said they ‘hate’ Burchnall or that he was wrong to take the job. I think there’s some bitterness that he had already talked to another club and accepted another job before the playoffs. There was talk before the game itself about whether that would affect the performance and some of us think it did.

I do wish people would respond to what’s been written rather than what’s in their head.
    This. People have different opinions which is fine, doesn't mean they're a ****ager, mentally defective or get anything out of it. I'm sure we'd all accept a higher paid job but doesn't mean you plan the job whilst you're in the middle of an important period in your current role. Some fans think differently from others, maybe neither side is right or wrong and it's something in the middle.

#onlyonncm
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-09-2022 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I don’t get this hatred for Burchnall and certainly am not of the opinion he s*at on us and if you want to slag him off you could at least get his name right.
    I certainly dont hate the guy. I just dont like him. I've never liked him since we lost to some Sunday pub team in the FA trophy semi-final, which cost us a trip to Wembley. His attitude to the defeat during his post-match interview came across has though he didn't seem bothered.
    A trip to Wembley at that time would have given us all a big lift after the events of the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Additional ditto. IB was probably offered a big salary raise, why wouldn't he take it?
    The OP doesn't seem to have made a humble apology yet.
    Maybe we can get the thread title changed to increase its accuracy, should only take the addition of one or two words.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I certainly dont hate the guy. I just dont like him. I've never liked him since we lost to some Sunday pub team in the FA trophy semi-final, which cost us a trip to Wembley. His attitude to the defeat during his post-match interview came across has though he didn't seem bothered.
    A trip to Wembley at that time would have given us all a big lift after the events of the last couple of years.
    I would love to see how you would manage a football team. It’s not often you will hear a manager slate his team in public. What he does behind closed doors with players, none on here will know. The irony is IB was probably less bothered about the FA Trophy as it’s an extra game that could impact the promotion push than fans. Let’s be honest the FA trophy isn’t one many fans were fussed about and the attendances support this, despite the cost.

I was disappointed when Burchnall left, equally for the timing of it and the fact I thought IB had progressed our club, and brought about a style of play which was pleasing on the eye.
    I was also confident he would make the necessary tweeks to get us promoted this season, as it turns out I think he has done us a massive favour.
    Luke Williams has exceeded my expectations in so many ways, and in Ryan Harley, we have also gained a massive step up on MD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    IMO sacking a half competent manager now would make relegation more likely, not less.

The hatred for him on here is nonsensical. There is no way any sane person would have turned down a promotion two leagues up for presumably higher pay.

Personally I wish him and FGR all the best.
    This with bells on !!!

He's still very much FGR manager by the looks of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I would love to see how you would manage a football team. It’s not often you will hear a manager slate his team in public. What he does behind closed doors with players, none on here will know. The irony is IB was probably less bothered about the FA Trophy as it’s an extra game that could impact the promotion push than fans. Let’s be honest the FA trophy isn’t one many fans were fussed about and the attendances support this, despite the cost.
    And look what happened in the promotion push. Another season of failure with nothing to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I was disappointed when Burchnall left, equally for the timing of it and the fact I thought IB had progressed our club, and brought about a style of play which was pleasing on the eye.
    I was also confident he would make the necessary tweeks to get us promoted this season, as it turns out I think he has done us a massive favour.
    Luke Williams has exceeded my expectations in so many ways, and in Ryan Harley, we have also gained a massive step up on MD.
    ^ This

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast