+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Holden now 1/8 on

The media are just like fans at trying to guess, throw names out there or even have some sort of inside info that might be right at the time but then things change

I’ll wait until it’s been made official

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Lol, I know a good anger management clinic. I think it could help. PM me.
    I’ve been and failed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I can't see how a manager leaving is embarrassing. Warne left for more money and the chance to manage a famous club. We got gazumped on a couple of players but so what. B N-C came to us when several clubs were desperate to sign him on loan including PNE. We also have a list of applicants for the manager's job. If Bonner ends up not coming it will probably be that his loyalty to his boyhood club won out. None of this reflects badly on RUFC or Rotherham. It's just the way football is. I think in terms of recruitment and retention we have done pretty well this season. I still also think Bonner will come but if he doesn't we'll get someone else. Holden, Taylor, Hurst or Edwards would not be a disaster. Chill.
    Wendun, by heck that's thrown me with that post. All common sense and well balanced. You're right, chill is the key word.

NB. Wood and Scott to take over from next Weds, if Wood fails he'll probably be given a defensive coach role as a thank you for his loyal service and we go again next season......just saying.

Dunno if he has rejected us or not. I used the word if. My thoughts were based on the premise that he was suppisedly interviewed yday and today he is taking team matters for cambridge. I may have 5 for 2 plus 2.

IF it is true dunt look good is all im saying.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    The media are just like fans at trying to guess, throw names out there or even have some sort of inside info that might be right at the time but then things change

I’ll wait until it’s been made official
    Probably most sensible comment on this topic. If you read the so-called media it's either regurgitated nonsense, unsubstantiated rumour or some 22 year old wannabee masquerading as a pundit on joke platforms like Football League World. And of course our own Paul Davis is usually a day behind the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Bonner’s our man!
    Wendun, by heck that's thrown me with that post. All common sense and well balanced. You're right, chill is the key word.

NB. Wood and Scott to take over from next Weds, if Wood fails he'll probably be given a defensive coach role as a thank you for his loyal service and we go again next season......just saying.
    Your rumours change quicker than the wind!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    IF it is true dunt look good is all im saying.
    Why not. TS probably showed him the club's 'dress code' for the management staff and he obviously decided it wasn't for him. I'd have to think twice about it.

If all of the championship managers were sacked overnight would any consider Paul Hurst as a replacement?

Nice guy or otherwise?

Brin, I can't see why it throws you. Over the 18 years of my incarceration on MM I have never criticised a player and only criticised 1 manager. And as I'm sick of saying I had nothing against PW but rejected the adulation shown him on here. He is a tactically limited manager and invariably ended games and seasons weakly.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast