+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Life's a Gas

I'm on to woodstock, Joe Cocker

With a little help from my friends.

I'm old enough to remember liking it on the telly when my folks didn't.

Judee Sill now

A song I sing to myself to this day when things aren't going right ( which is often)

Time for bed.

She’d quite a life but still made great music despite the narcotics and jail terms.

Ach well, what’s a jail term or two?

My archive shows that Jesse Russell wrote her biography ten years ago. I got a copy on eBay a while ago, but have never got around to reading it. It’ll be in this midden somewhere. She’s a frequent reference on The Word podcast.

Really? I thought it was only me that remembered her.
    What's a word podcast?

Sweet silver angels, over the sea
    Please come down flying low for me.

Judee gets a mention on this episode. It’s two old blokes (like my pal Uncle Albert and me) speaking bollix about old records, and occasionally playing “The Stackwaddy Game” where they have to guess, for example, from a list, if an item is a colour from the Dulux Paints catalogue, or a Captain Beefheart album track. Part Hamish and Dougal, part Waldorf and Stadtler, part you and me in the Lampie trying to avoid the Dons away in Perth.

http://wordpodcast.co.uk/2021/09/

The real tragedy of Judee is she not a real rock tragedy, Left it way too late to be a member of the 27 club, Without googling other members of the club ? I'll start wi the obvious... Jimi.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    The real tragedy of Judee is she not a real rock tragedy, Left it way too late to be a member of the 27 club, Without googling other members of the club ? I'll start wi the obvious... Jimi.
    999?

[Unit (4+2) x The Big 3] + 9 Below Zero?

The Stones’ 5x5 EP + Rolf’s 2 Little Boys?

(The B52s x Un0.5bricking) + 1Up Records?

I ken fit you mean but it’s a dull as fuuck lazy journalist categorisation of unconnected musicians crashing and burning during any of the 365/366 days between their last day of being 26, and their 28th birthday. Janis Joplin died aged 27, 52 years ago today, incidentally. I remember it well since it was my brother’s 21st birthday, two days after the old fella’s funeral.

EDIT: we took the elder of The Progeny to see this on that individual’s birthday in 2012. My beautiful pal Angela D’Arcy played Janis, as she has done regularly in a revue of the Joplin life, and she always belts our Piece Of My Heart on gigs with her band (no pics, sorry - phone app). Brilliant show. Then the EOTP reminded me, as we watched England’s batsmen paste the Ocker bowling attack all round the ground in a nearby boozer afterwards,”Hemmin, Pater min, ye radge min - you DO realise that it’s my TWENTY SEVENTH birthday i’day, like?” Ooops.
    https://broadwaybaby.com/shows/the-27-club/16789
    Last edited by 57vintage; 04-10-2022 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    999?

[Unit (4+2) x The Big 3] + 9 Below Zero?

The Stones’ 5x5 EP + Rolf’s 2 Little Boys?

(The B52s x Un0.5bricking) + 1Up Records?

I ken fit you mean but it’s a dull as fuuck lazy journalist categorisation of unconnected musicians crashing and burning during any of the 365/366 days between their last day of being 26, and their 28th birthday. Janis Joplin died aged 27, 52 years ago today, incidentally. I remember it well since it was my brother’s 21st birthday, two days after the old fella’s funeral.

EDIT: we took the elder of The Progeny to see this on that individual’s birthday in 2012. My beautiful pal Angela D’Arcy played Janis, as she has done regularly in a revue of the Joplin life, and she always belts our Piece Of My Heart on gigs with her band (no pics, sorry - phone app). Brilliant show. Then the EOTP reminded me, as we watched England’s batsmen paste the Ocker bowling attack all round the ground in a nearby boozer afterwards,”Hemmin, Pater min, ye radge min - you DO realise that it’s my TWENTY SEVENTH birthday i’day, like?” Ooops.
    https://broadwaybaby.com/shows/the-27-club/16789
    I enjoyed reading that post (I think) But sorry min you completely lost me with all those numbers at the top Did the creator of the Crypton factor die at 27 ? But I agree with your premise strange coincidence that's all. Perhaps Fame plays a part ? I dunno. The only thing I like about cricket is Roy Harpers allegorical "When an old Cricketer leaves the crease, Or Half Man Half Biscuit - ****in 'Ell, it's Fred Titmus doing the Len Ganley stance in a Dukla Prague away shirt,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast