+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Life's a Gas

You mean you’ve never heard The Duckworth-Lewis Method’s twa albums? Neil Hannon from Divine Comedy and Thomas Walsh of Pugwash with the best original, funny and ingenious cricket songs going, even better than my two out-swinging efforts.

https://open.spotify.com/album/5fsYo...RrKiF_xwbX2rGw

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    You mean you’ve never heard The Duckworth-Lewis Method’s twa albums? Neil Hannon from Divine Comedy and Thomas Walsh of Pugwash with the best original, funny and ingenious cricket songs going, even better than my two out-swinging efforts.

https://open.spotify.com/album/5fsYo...RrKiF_xwbX2rGw
    Tho not a cricket fan I do like the exciting IPL, Duckworth Lewis method something to do with if it rains they calculate the score on something that's previous happened in the game ?. Had no idea there was a band called that but will make a point of listening to your link after The Pool hump the Hun. The only Pugwash I knew was a Captain in the BBC also know Trumpet Hornpipe on the mandolin,

I had no idea this forum could be so educational

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Duckworth Lewis method something to do with if it rains they calculate the score on something that's previous happened in the game?
    It is basically, but whilst I ken my deep backward square from my thick outside edge, I’ve never analysed the DLM since it’s nae applicable to Proper Mannies’ five-day Tests.

I had no idea this forum could be so educational
    It’s like the Prince of Wales (the pub) was around 1977. All human life is here. And ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

It’s like the Prince of Wales (the pub) was around 1977. All human life is here. And ****s.
    Yup the POW was my second home mid70s -early 80s safe to say there was hardly a punter I didn't know in there so our paths may have crossed who knows ?. My formative years were spent first in the Moorings for a short time I then discovered upstairs in the Blue Lamp. Adorned in ma crushed velvet troosers and butterfly T shirt. Sandy Broon a real character and I was saddened to hear of his passing. There was also for a short time a cool prog music disco in the Royal Hotel I think. (bottom of windmill brae) The DJ was the guy from north sound Bruce Kennedy story goes someone put acid in his coke one evening and craziness ensued. Aberdeen was a great place to grow up in.
    Last edited by stewarty27; 05-10-2022 at 05:50 PM.

European gas prices now less than they were this time last year.

I presume the subjects of Brexit Britain are benefiting on their fuel bills.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    European gas prices now less than they were this time last year.

I presume the subjects of Brexit Britain are benefiting on their fuel bills.
    Not that I am defending Brexit, but I see prices have also dropped in the UK to below srsrt of year levels (whether this is passed onto the customer I dont know)

The Guardian - UK gas prices have also dropped back from their highs earlier this year. The day-ahead gas price closed at 155p per therm on Wednesday, compared with 200p/therm at the start of 2022, and more than 500p/therm in August.

Here’s hoping.

Perhaps the Tories are working out a way to take the credit.

Here’s hoping.

Perhaps the Tories are working out a way to take the credit.
    Or finding a way to distribute the savings to their chums

Oh there’s not an “or” about that

Oh there’s not an “or” about that
    OR, maybe they will find an honest and fair way to distribute the wealth to those living hand to mouth who need the support 😆😆😆😆😆

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast