+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAO Sota

Fellas, first of all I would like to thank you so much for all the concern. Sorry for the late reply, but we had no power and no internet until late last night. The storm was one of the worst in history to hit Florida and it was a night to remember for sure.

Luckily we have minimal damage, some ridge tiles on the roof are gone and we lost some screen panels over the pool. Also fortunately for us, we had impact glass fitted last year so we were able to watch the storm through the windows instead of being shuttered up in the dark like we were during previous storms. We are only 25 feet from the edge of a lake and it was like watching the ocean with massive white horses and spray going about 30 feet in the air. Trees in the state park on the other side of the water were bending almost horizontally and we felt so sorry for all the wildlife in there.

I suppose I'll have to fix the roof myself as all the roofing companies are going to be so busy repairing far worse damage than we have.

I'll give a bigger update later when we've finished clearing up, but meanwhile thanks again to my friends on here for being so concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Fellas, first of all I would like to thank you so much for all the concern. Sorry for the late reply, but we had no power and no internet until late last night. The storm was one of the worst in history to hit Florida and it was a night to remember for sure.

Luckily we have minimal damage, some ridge tiles on the roof are gone and we lost some screen panels over the pool. Also fortunately for us, we had impact glass fitted last year so we were able to watch the storm through the windows instead of being shuttered up in the dark like we were during previous storms. We are only 25 feet from the edge of a lake and it was like watching the ocean with massive white horses and spray going about 30 feet in the air. Trees in the state park on the other side of the water were bending almost horizontally and we felt so sorry for all the wildlife in there.

I suppose I'll have to fix the roof myself as all the roofing companies are going to be so busy repairing far worse damage than we have.

I'll give a bigger update later when we've finished clearing up, but meanwhile thanks again to my friends on here for being so concerned.
    Glad to hear you're all OK. I knew a bit of wind and rain wouldn't bother a Miller

Glad you're all safe and well buddy. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Glad to hear you're all OK. I knew a bit of wind and rain wouldn't bother a Miller
    I suppose a yorkshireman in a storm like that would just have to put a coat on when he went out🥼 UTM

Wow, I didn't realise that we had Miller exiles living in Florida. I've seen snippets on the news and it looked pretty horrible and very scary. I'm so glad that you and your family have come through the worst of it safely Sota, with little damage to property too. Stay safe pal. U.T.M.

Don’t fall off the roof.

Glad to hear you’re all ok

Thanks Grist. Keep on saying it as it is fella. Because it really is.

Sota buddy, glad to hear you’re all safe.

Go steady on that roof you’re not in your 20’s now pal 😉.

Catch you later for a chat when it’s all settled down for you all. Stay safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12