+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Home Office Extends Exclusive Contract with Manvers Hotel for Asylum Seekers

O/T Home Office Extends Exclusive Contract with Manvers Hotel for Asylum Seekers

The Home Office has extended the exclusive contract with Holiday Inn Hotel at Manvers,
    for asylum seekers to stay in the hotel for a further year.
    Earlier this year 130 asylum seekers were moved from the Ibis in Bramley, to the Holiday
    Inn Hotel at Manvers.
    The Home Office contract is to October 2023, with Labour MP John Healey speaking out
    against the move, due to the distance from Rotherham & other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The Home Office has extended the exclusive contract with Holiday Inn Hotel at Manvers,
    Earlier this year 130 asylum seekers were moved from the Ibis in Bramley, to the Holiday
    Inn Hotel at Manvers.
    The Home Office contract is to October 2023, with Labour MP John Healey speaking out
    Stayed there 3 times in the past and it was a lovely place with a great breakfast, friendly staff and Lidl just across the road to get food/snacks. From what I've read on here and seen on TripAdvisor etc. won't be returning anytime soon. Booked a barn on the edge of the Peak District through Airbnb for Christmas, sleeps 5 and less than the hotel per night. Will just have to cook my own breakfast.

Inn Hotel at Manvers.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Stayed there 3 times in the past and it was a lovely place with a great breakfast, friendly staff and Lidl just across the road to get food/snacks. From what I've read on here and seen on TripAdvisor etc. won't be returning anytime soon. Booked a barn on the edge of the Peak District through Airbnb for Christmas, sleeps 5 and less than the hotel per night. Will just have to cook my own breakfast.
    Aldi supermarket across the road Cam.

Aldi supermarket across the road Cam.
    What's an A and an I and a bit of letter reordering between friends?

What's an A and an I and a bit of letter reordering between friends?
    All the right letters, not necessarily in the right order eh CAM (smiling face) UTM

Don't panic Cam, plenty of places round here to get breakfast.
    Depends how far off the beaten track you are I suppose.

Have you checked if any if the 'spoons closures are in this area? [Winking emoji] make sure you read that right

X Factor used to do a tour and they would stay there when they played Sheffield but gone downhill since.

This contract does keep the hotel open but I don't think staff at Aldi will be too happy, or the people who have bought the new houses nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    X Factor used to do a tour and they would stay there when they played Sheffield but gone downhill since.

This contract does keep the hotel open but I don't think staff at Aldi will be too happy, or the people who have bought the new houses nearby.
    A dumping ground.

That's what Rotherham 's for

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    A dumping ground.

That's what Rotherham 's for
    The whole of the North TBH

That Red Wall viote has gone, not that Labour will be any better on this issue, they'll probably be kicking people out of their Council Houses to give them to "asylum seekers".

That's where they are going when they leave the hotels.

Remember when councils had " waiting lists" for houses?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast