+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: O/T Home Office Extends Exclusive Contract with Manvers Hotel for Asylum Seekers

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    You're just not keeping up with the times.

Sales are down and Wokeness is up. Left-wing activist pressure on advertisers means they now won't say boo to a goose.

The Mail is mainly a showbiz website aimed at Americans now.
    It is. I was surprised to see there's a show on every day for 60 minutes in the afternoon on one of the mainstream channels. Sandwiched between the lunchtime soaps and the courtroom shenanigans.

You're just not keeping up with the times.

Sales are down and Wokeness is up. Left-wing activist pressure on advertisers means they now won't say boo to a goose.

The Mail is mainly a showbiz website aimed at Americans now.
    Not even the slightest engagement with my question! Nice one!

I read it fire. My take was that Kelvin had product to sell and he is fishing for gullible punters he could poach from GB News by giving them even more of what they want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Not even the slightest engagement with my question! Nice one!

I read it fire. My take was that Kelvin had product to sell and he is fishing for gullible punters he could poach from GB News by giving them even more of what they want to hear.
    Having a Tory as Chairman doesn't seem to have changed anything at the BBC, Lineker is biased as ever on Twitter.

Having a Tory as Chairman doesn't seem to have changed anything at the BBC, Lineker is biased as ever on Twitter.
    So why are you quoting that the Mail hiring Oliver Holt (left wing activist lol!) is evidence of the mail becoming left wing if another organisation can hire right wing leaders but not be right wing?

The company that works for the government in arranging accommodation for the Asylum Seekers
    is Serco
    Serco have contracts for government services, in NHS, Transport, Justice, Immigration, Space,
    Defence & Citizens Services, the company runs 3 prisons, HMP Ashfield, HMP Doncaster,
    HMP Kilmarnock.
    The company as 50,000 employees [2022], plus having other company interests, one being
    Northlink Ferries.
    They had the contract for electronic tagging with the Ministry of Justice, in which in July 2019
    they were fined £22.9m with costs of £3.7m over a electronic tagging scandal, which was a
    settlement with the serious fraud office, there was 3 offences of fraud, 2 of false accounting,
    between 2010 - 2013 , related to to understating profits, with the monitoring contracts with
    the Ministry of Justice.
    In 2013 Serco paid a £70m settlement to the Ministry of Justice after the company & fellow
    outsourcing group G4S faced allegations of charging for tagging people, who were either
    dead, in prison, or had left the country.
    The company was stripped of its responsibility for tagging criminals in late 2013 in the U/K.
    Deloitte were fined £4.2m over the Serco tagging scandal in July 2019.
    Serco were given new asylum housing contracts, despite a £6.8m fine in June 2019,
    2 ex-Serco bosses charged with fraud, over alleged tagging scandal, in December 2019.
    Serco & G4S were given a £57m contract in 2020 to run covid testing centres across the
    U/K, without competition.
    But a company called Mitie got a £32m contract

It would seem these contracts for covid testing centres was not made public in the early
    stages, contract rules stipulate contracts must be made public with-in 30 days, which
    reported this was not so.

It would seem that you can break the rules, & yet still get handsome contract rewards
    from the government ruling the U/K.

Name:  36C36335-D13E-492F-A55A-1EF7299A14E5.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  14.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Funny and probably true!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Funny and probably true!
    Funny ? Not for the poor sods who put their lives down for us.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    And so the transformation to Facebook is complete. And here’s me thinking this site was to discuss all things Rotherham United.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    And so the transformation to Facebook is complete. And here’s me thinking this site was to discuss all things Rotherham United.
    This thread is clearly not about Rotherham United and it’s labelled O/T.

Whatever possessed you to click on it and comment?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast