The lack of any effort at this time by Dee4Life to ‘Represent Dundee FC Supporters’ as they claim to on their media page really disappoints me. In my view they should have been collating the concerns of their members and looking for answers in advance of Monday for no other reason than to identify any potential pitfalls and to try and mitigate any problems that arise during the proposed move. This might also help them support the best interests of us all by way of developing a Plan B in the event the whole thing stutters, fails and collapses.
I dropped them a note more than a week ago and got no reply, I also had my membership renewed by way of a payment taken from my bank with no note of thanks, acknowledgement or words of encouragement.
If they are to be serious about growing the membership then I really think these are things they need to be doing. It’s pretty sad when we are relying on Arab and DC Journalist Steve Finan to put out in the public domain a piece headed ‘Fans need to stay vigilant to safeguard the club’s soul’.
I remain a firm believer in the benefits of having a Football Trust, I’m full of respect and am grateful to those giving up their time to make that happen BUT it’s time for the Working Groups set up months ago to deliver and for those involved to become more visible. Nowhere to be seen or heard and bar the two periods of administration I don’t think there has ever been a greater need for them to be so.