+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO anyone involved at D4L

FAO anyone involved at D4L

The lack of any effort at this time by Dee4Life to ‘Represent Dundee FC Supporters’ as they claim to on their media page really disappoints me. In my view they should have been collating the concerns of their members and looking for answers in advance of Monday for no other reason than to identify any potential pitfalls and to try and mitigate any problems that arise during the proposed move. This might also help them support the best interests of us all by way of developing a Plan B in the event the whole thing stutters, fails and collapses.
    I dropped them a note more than a week ago and got no reply, I also had my membership renewed by way of a payment taken from my bank with no note of thanks, acknowledgement or words of encouragement.
    If they are to be serious about growing the membership then I really think these are things they need to be doing. It’s pretty sad when we are relying on Arab and DC Journalist Steve Finan to put out in the public domain a piece headed ‘Fans need to stay vigilant to safeguard the club’s soul’.
    I remain a firm believer in the benefits of having a Football Trust, I’m full of respect and am grateful to those giving up their time to make that happen BUT it’s time for the Working Groups set up months ago to deliver and for those involved to become more visible. Nowhere to be seen or heard and bar the two periods of administration I don’t think there has ever been a greater need for them to be so.

Not sure that I agree with you. It seems like there has been a great deal of effort put in by the DFC board to give the Campy project a boost. I think the tacit support, or possibly the lack of hostile comment from fans groups has shown that shouting at the owners wasn't needed after the Open Letter Group made plain their concerns in such a public way.
    I share your concerns about what happens if Campy isn't built but I can't see how the effort to build Campy and the expense so far, is part of a plan by FPS to disinvestment in DFC.
    There are communications coming from the Dee4life board to the members and Iit seems that there will not be statements for the media to discuss coming out from them.
    Perhaps this is a better way to deal with DFC?
    Everyone will be watching and I am sure that if there are signs that Campy will not appear, Dee4life will be ready to play a role.
    Fan based ownership seems to me to be a difficult model to use, without some major financial benefit, like owning your own ground, or having a substantial backer.

Got the bit where you say you weren’t sure you agree.
    After that I’m struggling to understand why much of what you say is relevant to my own post. For example I don’t mention fan based ownership etc
    Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Got the bit where you say you weren’t sure you agree.
    After that I’m struggling to understand why much of what you say is relevant to my own post. For example I don’t mention fan based ownership etc
    Apologies
    My apologies. I thought your reference to a football Trust meant the trust had an ownership role and I assumed the driving force for such a trust would be fans. I think but I do not know, that Dee4Life have changed the way they work. They are not saying anything in public about the DFC board and perhaps this is the right approach given that Campy seems to be moving forwardd.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    My apologies. I thought your reference to a football Trust meant the trust had an ownership role and I assumed the driving force for such a trust would be fans. I think but I do not know, that Dee4Life have changed the way they work. They are not saying anything in public about the DFC board and perhaps this is the right approach given that Campy seems to be moving forwardd.
    Moving forward? What's changed since it was first put together other than they now fantasise a 15,000 seat stadium will be approved with one entrance from the Kingsway and one exit at the Camperdown gates?

This from the same people who made huge announcements about moving to Gardyne, a place that didn't have a single pitch that could be trained on. Offices are nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebunked View Post
    Moving forward? What's changed since it was first put together other than they now fantasise a 15,000 seat stadium will be approved with one entrance from the Kingsway and one exit at the Camperdown gates?

This from the same people who made huge announcements about moving to Gardyne, a place that didn't have a single pitch that could be trained on. Offices are nice though.
    Nothing.
    There is still no area set aside for the Remembrance/Memorial Gardens for the Crematorium in the Lego plans.
    According to the consultation last Monday there will only be one exit road for the reduced number of cars and buses in the stadium car parks with car drivers having to wait until the supporters buses have left the car parks before they are allowed to join the long queue to join the mini roundabout at the Camperdown gates.

The lack of training pitches to train on at Gardyne Road looks like someone has not done their homework prior to the Club signing the contract to rent Gardyne Road for the next four years. This person should be taking responsibility for this fiasco and resigning with immediate effect.

I think FpS are moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think FpS are moving forward.
    In which way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)