+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Start: School Report

The Start: School Report

One game later than planned but now we've reached double figures in terms of league games I think it's fair to analyse Notts' start to the 2022/23 season

So what old fashioned grade would you give our start this season be it based on the fixtures we've had to date in terms of results, performances or ideally both.

Based primarily on results I was considering a B+ after 10 games but although not perfect (it never is) I think bar a couple of very disappointing results the rest have overall been superb.

A-
    Last edited by SwalePie; 02-10-2022 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in title

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    One game later than planned but now we've reached double figures in terms of league games I think it's fair to analyse Notts' start to the 2022/23 season

So what old fashioned grade would you give our start this season be it based on the fixtures we've had to date in terms of results, performances or ideally both.

Based primarily on results I was considering a B+ after 10 games but although not perfect (it never is) I think bar a couple of very disappointing results the rest have overall been superb.

A-
    I would think B+ is about right. 2 draws early on that poss could have been wins and one loss to the Dorks, which prob should have a least been a draw if we'd eased up on the Gung-Ho in the last 20 mins or so.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I would think B+ is about right. 2 draws early on that poss could have been wins and one loss to the Dorks, which prob should have a least been a draw if we'd eased up on the Gung-Ho in the last 20 mins or so.
    Agree B+, been a couple of A+ performances but a couple or more Cs. That said extremely happy with the start considering we’ve had to blood new players, 6 away games and a return of 24 points from 11. Tuesdays massive now with them scraping a win Sat, lose and 5 points behind, I would take a draw right now if it was on the table.

Mid term report is
    Good start but tends to get distracted easily, enough term time left tho to improve and keep focused for the goals set

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Mid term report is
    Good start but tends to get distracted easily, enough term time left tho to improve and keep focused for the goals set
    Or exactly what teachers wrote on my reports all the way through school, ''Has plenty of ability, but needs to try harder''.

I did very well at school, I was graded ‘F’ for Fantastic in every subject. I certainly showed the swotty kids who only managed ‘A’ for Awful.

I’d give Notts 8.5/10 for our start, whatever grade that equates to.

Straight A from me, not sure what more a new manager coming in could have done. We're averaging over 2ppg after a quarter of the season. Incredibly competitive league this year.

I think if points had matched performances, we would be top, but with a mixture of both, I would say A-.
    We do need clarification if the top mark is A, A+ or A* 😊, mine is based on it being A.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Straight A from me, not sure what more a new manager coming in could have done. We're averaging over 2ppg after a quarter of the season. Incredibly competitive league this year.
    Totally agree. 24 points from 11 games is a fantastic return, and most seasons we’d be clear at the top.

We’re gonna have to keep it up though, Wrexham are gonna get 100+ points.

Agree with others who say A-

Whisper it, but so far LW is making his predecessors look bad - how he's taken this team by the scruff of the neck is the most impressive thing about this season for me
    One example, look what he's done with the wing-backs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast