+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another one bites the dust...

Another one bites the dust...

Ainley out for 3 months. Long...Will he ever come back?Colkett.....Will he ever start?
    Looks like the team will pick itself again!

Plenty of left-backs though!

So CBR tweaked his leg playing X-Box??????

So some twitter frenzy about Long being injured again. However, I haven't seen the original information. Can someone who knows enlighten me with what the problem is this time?

Injured in training on Friday, having a scan early next week.

Bone scan, muscle scan, tendon or groin or what?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Bone scan, muscle scan, tendon or groin or what?
    Ankle surgery, out for season. I would have thought that's the last we'll see of him, nobody in their right mind would offer another deal.

OS suggests Long out for 3 months. So should be back for finals 3 months of season. I would offer him a contract but it would be for 12 months with automatic extension after completing a certain number of games. However, there's no wY he could expect anything resembling an increase in money, again, unless linked to appearances. Having paid his wages and treatment for so long, I'd hate to let him go and enjoy a new lease of fitness for the benefit of some other club.
    If he could stay fit, his goalscoring could be crucial next season as we, hopefully, progress.¹
    I don't know how Connor Evans is progressing but clearly, when we send Brook, Leshabela and King back we'll need at least one loan striker. With all our spare CH capacity, you'd wonder if any of them could be temporarily converted to a number 9.

Great shame really. He is one of a very few of our present squad who excited me.