+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Been saying for donkeys Harkes is sh!te, but his fan boys always on here saying how good he is, and how wrong I am!! Interesting that a certain poster’s not been on this thread..,
    United remind me of an American bra. One Yank and it falls away!

Harkes failed to track back for their 2nd. The team is a shambles. Midfield give defence no support whatsoever. Defence can’t defend. Edwards is just walking about. He has no pace so wtf are we still trying to play such a high line. It’s a joke that we are trying to play for offside on the half way line! Any half decent striker can easily exploit that.

For me Edwards doesn't read the game well enough to play the sweeper role as the centre of a defensive 3. Attacking the ball in the air is his strength so I think he'd have been better played on the right of the 3 leaving the more mobile Smith to drop. I accept he has played there this season and been ****e but that first goal, Jesus.

Right now, I think we’re royally phucked. And the only way we’re staying up is because somebody ends up being even more schit than ourselves which right now seems highly unlikely. In other words, you can’t see ourselves playing our way out of this. The squad is completely imbalanced with a ludicrous overloading of central midfielders. Additionally losing Lewis Neilson meant we needed another CH. That didn’t happen. Losing Siegrist meant we should have kept Trevor Carson. That didn’t happen. Losing Fuchs and then Butcher meant we needed a CDM. That didn’t happen. Losing Shankland, then McNulty, then selling Clark meant we needed another striker. That didn’t happen. The playing squad is completely imbalanced and totally not fit for purpose.

And BTW, for all his indiscretions, if we still had The Butch we would not be sitting where we are and we would not be getting bullied like yesterday and frankly every match to date. We are missing his dig and leadership massively.

What a joke of a club we are at moment

I agree about Butcher but we need to look to him if we are looking for blame. What is the club's fault is not replacing him. We have signed 2 strikers bit we needed three so your point still stands about that for sure, especially with selling Clark so late. Perhaps the thinking is Pawlett can help in that from (I don't think so, never fit and I would never have given him his current deal).

Ultimately your are super in that the squad isn't balanced, certainly not with the players we've seen so far this season.

The team that finished the game was much better than the one that started it. I know Watt gets some stick (and that includes by me) but he made quite a difference when he came on. In fact all the subs did.

Butcher is struggling to get a game at struggling Burton Albion but they've won their last 2 games with him on the bench.

We are 100% lacking a DM but not Butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy vine View Post
    think it’s 8grand a day you get for players being at World Cup, he won’t be going anywhere until after that.
    he's had one cap years ago, nae chnace he will even travel with their squad

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    including our own fans fighting with each other
    happened there AJ?
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 02-10-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Edwards and then Ross Graham were at fault for the goals

The 5-3-2 maybe needs changing

Main problem is no defensive support from midfield

Harkes one of main culprits today
    JR tried to change it and the chunts went in the huff

the 3/5 at the back for us worked last season but in truth nothing is working for us this season

we are f ucked

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)