+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Been going to matches since 1977 through good & bad but I have never been closer to giving up on watching football. I have almost zero interest & worse I dont really care anymore. Cant think of a single reason to keep going to be utterly bored by the utter crap thats served up nowadays. Whats that saying about definition of madness. Well we are like being in groundhog day with the same suspects serving up the same crap week in week out. Also absolutely done with hearing how much it costs to run the club & how much the owners put into it. It was their choice & its up to them to deal with any problems or sell up to the next daydreamers. Also the money the club throws down the drain with paying off staff is beyond belief.Giving the latest appointment a 2 year deal is utter madness when we have just paid off the last disaster. Totally scunnered with United in particular & football in general.
    TBH we have been s.hite for years now, since mid/late McNamara possibly.

Soul destroying when considering what we witnessed 70/80s and a few times since then.

One thing though, no matter how s.hite we are, I will never give up on my team, no matter how difficult it becomes ( and it is effing horrendous at the moment ) It will get better eventually.

Arab till I die, even if I have to force myself to go to the games.

Good post, totally agree. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Still no sign of Shedka then?
    He could be away to the Tory conference. That would explain a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post

Soul destroying when considering what we witnessed 70/80s and a few times since then.

One thing though, no matter how s.hite we are, I will never give up on my team, no matter how difficult it becomes ( and it is effing horrendous at the moment ) It will get better eventually.

i think i can bet the numbers of ST holders in the east stand will drop next season, significantly...

Fletcher is like a statue and as good as he may have been in past years he is gone now. Sentiment has no place, he either performs or goes.
    Clark came back and he was just as shyte for them as he was for us.
    midfield looks like it meets about 10 minutes before kick off and never played together.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Fletcher is like a statue and as good as he may have been in past years he is gone now. Sentiment has no place, he either performs or goes.
    midfield looks like it meets about 10 minutes before kick off and never played together.
    He was never that fast/mobile in his heyday Geo.

Just my opinion obviously, but; he wins more than 90% of headers, Holds off centre backs. Lays off balls back in to our (ahem) midfield, while holding off the same centre backs. Holds up play until the... (ach yi get the picture)

I do agree , he is getting on a wee bit, but he is far from our biggest problem.

All the best fae me Geo............... Fletch
    Last edited by Yeats 62; 04-10-2022 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Agree with Yeats. Fletcher isn't our problem.
    Actually think if he can stay fit for a run of games him and Sadat will find goals.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post

Exactly this.

Fletcher is far from our problem. I wish we used his height more last game, Sadat almost got to one flick on we should have tried it more rather than our slow passing game all time.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)