+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    that was a disgrace that night, we were all going nuts about that, loads of space in front of him too. f uck knows what the story behind that was
    Agree, but I also remember Smith leathering the ball skywards across the pitch in front of his own penalty box.

Freeman for Smith as Freeman offers much more going forward, i like smith and always have but we really need to start attacking and winning games pronto or we're in even deeper sh!t

Harkes should be nowhere near the first team and should never got the 1 year deal, really hope he leaves in January

Watt is a prick, a useless one at that.
    I was reading through your post and was thinking this is another very good 'Affshore' post until I got to the last line about Watt, which I think is utter nonsense! Watt is nowhere near as good as you make him out to be! As Ship of the Line would say.............'FACT!'

Would like :

Eriksson
    Edwards Mulgew Graham
    Freeman Sibbald Levitt McGrath Behich
    Fletcher Sadat

Will be :

Eriksson
    Edwards Mulgew Graham
    Smith Harkes Levitt McGrath Behich
    Fletcher Watt
    Like your first lineup.
    Ref your comment about fans hammering Smith, I like Smith, don't really have a problem if he starts, but I noticed in several games that he's not stopping crosses coming in on that right side and maybe Freeman would be better at doing that.

Re Chick's thought about using Smith as a temporary CDM until January, maybe could work, but would have thought Sibbald should be the one getting asked to do that. If fit eh.

Have to get McGrath forward feeding Fletcher and Sadat. Get the first goal then get the second.

"We're going to give someone a right hiding soon" Copyright RM 😎

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    I was reading through your post and was thinking this is another very good 'Affshore' post until I got to the last line about Watt, which I think is utter nonsense! Watt is nowhere near as good as you make him out to be! As Ship of the Line would say.............'FACT!'

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Like your first lineup.
    Ref your comment about fans hammering Smith, I like Smith, don't really have a problem if he starts, but I noticed in several games that he's not stopping crosses coming in on that right side and maybe Freeman would be better at doing that.

Re Chick's thought about using Smith as a temporary CDM until January, maybe could work, but would have thought Sibbald should be the one getting asked to do that. If fit eh.

Have to get McGrath forward feeding Fletcher and Sadat. Get the first goal then get the second.

"We're going to give someone a right hiding soon" Copyright RM ��
    Ken what stokey i think chick could very well be onto something there RE: Smith CDM, even last season deployed in midfield Smith done well so could be an option mate

Ken what stokey i think chick could very well be onto something there RE: Smith CDM, even last season deployed in midfield Smith done well so could be an option mate
    Yeah, given we have two good right wingbacks, why not? As you say, he's done well for us in there previously.

It's worth a try. He has been "no bad" in midfield before. And, it is true what some are saying, that he doesn't stop many crosses in to the box when played as fullback. But... I would put that down to too many free players running in to his area, due to lack of tracking back by our players. He ends up having to mark areas instead of players, which usually ends up with the opposition having more time on the ball than we would like, ending up in nearly a free cross in to the box.

It will be interesting to see how Foxy sets things up now he is the main man.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    It's worth a try. He has been "no bad" in midfield before. And, it is true what some are saying, that he doesn't stop many crosses in to the box when played as fullback. But... I would put that down to too many free players running in to his area, due to lack of tracking back by our players. He ends up having to mark areas instead of players, which usually ends up with the opposition having more time on the ball than we would like, ending up in nearly a free cross in to the box.

It will be interesting to see how Foxy sets things up now he is the main man.
    I'd agree 100% with that about getting exposed, it's spot on and not his fault when that happens. But there are also times when he's 3 yards off the attacker and dangles a hopeful foot instead of being 3 feet away and putting in a cross stopping tackle.
    Not saying Freeman is a lot better but he's definitely more aggressive.
    See Freeman play tomorrow and have a shocker 😄

Birighitti back in the squad for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Birighitti back in the squad for this one.
    Name:  t.JPG
Views: 418
Size:  12.2 KB

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)