+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Would like :

Eriksson
    Edwards Mulgew Graham
    Freeman Sibbald Levitt McGrath Behich
    Fletcher Sadat

Will be :

Eriksson
    Edwards Mulgew Graham
    Smith Harkes Levitt McGrath Behich
    Fletcher Watt
    so would most folk but i suspect your right. See what the gaffer says after his meeting with Mulgrew

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I forgot all about him tbh. Another JR masterstroke. Sign a guy that cannae play cos he's ill. Leave the signings to Tony ffs.
    😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I forgot all about him tbh. Another JR masterstroke. Sign a guy that cannae play cos he's ill. Leave the signings to Tony ffs.
    Add to that Peter Pawlett. In this current injury he said he couldn't walk without being in pain for a number of years. How then did he manage to pass a "medical?"

The Biro is a JR signing will he be back on the bench against Saints? He'll be sending Nicky Clark likes on twitter after the game.

For me Fox has to be brave and pick what he believes is the best team and run with it for a good few games. No chopping and changing regardless of fan, player or media pressure. Our best runs have been when this has happened.
    If I was picking I would like to see
    *********************Keeper*********************** ******
    *****Graham******Edwards ******"*Mulgrew**********
    Freeman****************************************Beh ich
    *********Sibbald******Levitt********Happy********* *
    *********************McGrath********************** *****
    *********************Fletcher********************* ******
    I'm pretty much agreeing with most but being specific with defence positions, Graham and Mulgrew working with Freeman and Behich to protect and build could work well.
    The annoying thing is there is talent it just needs to come out.

Let's see what comes out of the Fox box, if the starting line up has Smith, Harkes and Watt, and we get beat then imo the baws burst

I think Smith gets alot, too much in fact, of unfair criticism

9/10 times smith is solid for us and chips in with goals and assists and isnt near as bad as some make out. Canna even think of any time he's cost us a goal never mind a game

Harkes and Watt on the other hand are truly woeful and offer f ucking zilch, rumoured combined salary of 10k a week tae, f ucking frightening

Too many times players run into space expecting Smith to cross or play them in, he then halts all momentum by going backwards.
    He'd be a much better asset if he was braver in which case I'd agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    For me Fox has to be brave and pick what he believes is the best team and run with it for a good few games. No chopping and changing regardless of fan, player or media pressure. Our best runs have been when this has happened.
    If I was picking I would like to see
    *********************Keeper*********************** ******
    *****Graham******Edwards ******"*Mulgrew**********
    Freeman****************************************Beh ich
    *********Sibbald******Levitt********Happy********* *
    *********************McGrath********************** *****
    *********************Fletcher********************* ******
    I'm pretty much agreeing with most but being specific with defence positions, Graham and Mulgrew working with Freeman and Behich to protect and build could work well.
    The annoying thing is there is talent it just needs to come out.

Let's see what comes out of the Fox box, if the starting line up has Smith, Harkes and Watt, and we get beat then imo the baws burst
    The thing is though we are not really being brave because we are a 5 at the back defensive team again and most weeks the football will be turgid like it has been for years now.Its actually very embarrassing that we are not capable of playing the most basic of defensive shapes ie 4 at the back.

Without conceding a shedload i mean.You can discuss it till the cows come home but 5 at the back means one less attacking player on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Too many times players run into space expecting Smith to cross or play them in, he then halts all momentum by going backwards.
    He'd be a much better asset if he was braver in which case I'd agree with you.
    Freeman isn't any braver in possession than Smith though, I remember being at a midweek game v Livi last season when they went down to 10 men just before HT and Freeman was the free man for the whole of the 2nd half and never once went forward or even got a cross in their box,he spent the whole 2nd half passing the ball back to Mulgrew or Edwards when he had acres to do what he wanted with the ball,actually we didn't look dangerous on our right hand side until Chalmers came on.

It's a hard choice though as there's not much between Smith and Freeman imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Freeman isn't any braver in possession than Smith though, I remember being at a midweek game v Livi last season when they went down to 10 men just before HT and Freeman was the free man for the whole of the 2nd half and never once went forward or even got a cross in their box,he spent the whole 2nd half passing the ball back to Mulgrew or Edwards when he had acres to do what he wanted with the ball,actually we didn't look dangerous on our right hand side until Chalmers came on.

It's a hard choice though as there's not much between Smith and Freeman imo.
    that was a disgrace that night, we were all going nuts about that, loads of space in front of him too. f uck knows what the story behind that was

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I think Smith gets alot, too much in fact, of unfair criticism

9/10 times smith is solid for us and chips in with goals and assists and isnt near as bad as some make out. Canna even think of any time he's cost us a goal never mind a game

Harkes and Watt on the other hand are truly woeful and offer f ucking zilch, rumoured combined salary of 10k a week tae, f ucking frightening
    I want to see Smith used in a midfield role more often and wonder if he can be moulded into that DCM we are crying out for? However, might our issue be that the midfielders we have are more forward thinking and need some coaching to be alert to what is happening to get themselves back into defensive positions quicker?

I would have,
    Eriksson,
    Edwards, Mulgrew, Graham,
    Freeman, McGrath, Smith, Levitt, Behich,
    Fletcher, Sadat.

No doubt that Harkes and Watt will be in the team and they better win the game between them!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)