+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarets v Bluebirds Match Preview

Clarets v Bluebirds Match Preview

Clarets v Bluebirds Match Preview.
    Cardiff City Stadium, Leckwith Road, Cardiff, CF11 8AZ.
    Kick-off – 15.00. Saturday 1st October 2022.

Following the death and funeral of Her Majesty the Queen and the end of the international two-week break, normal service is resumed in the Championship.

Burnley travel to Cardiff to begin what will be a demanding October; the Clarets have seven games to play in a hectic Championship schedule. First off come the Bluebirds who are currently playing under the auspices of caretaker manager Mark Hudson.

Previous manager Steve Morrison was recently sacked following a 1-0 reverse to Huddersfield Town which left the Bluebirds sitting in 18th place in the Championship.

Burnley will hope to put another three points on the board to kick start what will inevitably be a challenging month for Vincent Company and his squad. Strength in depth is ***** in the Championship and it’s not difficult to predict injuries and suspensions will begin to take their toll.

Vincent Kompany appears reluctant to offer up injury news updates but there appears to be little damage done to the Burnley squad following the latest round of international fixtures. Scott Twine is reportedly still unavailable and Darko Churlinov will also be unavailable until nearer Christmas.

One’s to watch: Former Liverpool striker Sheyi Ojo and ex-Spurs attacker Kion Etete pose a goal threat for the Bluebirds and for Burnley it’s hard to get past the in-form Jay Rodriguez and his striking partner Nathan Telle. The Clarets midfield dynamo Josh Brownhill is also on a good run of goalscoring form so it’s likely Cardiff will have to score to get anything out of the game.

Verdict: Another hard-fought Championship game is on the cards, both teams need points for different reasons, and I predict Burnley will nick a single goal win in a tricky encounter.

Footnote: Former Cardiff City talisman Craig Bellamy is the current assistant manager at Burnley Football Club and will no doubt be hoping to engineer an away win for the Clarets.

Attachment 22624

NOt a happy hunting ground for us although we won on our last visit. We have won only 2 out of our last 13 visits this century and they were the first of the century and the last visit.
    Time to break the mould, although a draw would be a decent result.

I am hoping for a good performance in all areas. We have gifted too many sloppy goals, so a clean sheet will be good. We have troubled defences and created chances. Again, a more clinical edge in front of goal will be good. We showed against Wigan that we can do it.

Having beaten promotion contenders Norwich on the opening day of the season the Bluebirds have struggled to find any consistent form and are hovering just above the relegation zone. It was however a surprise when they sacked young manager Steve Morison after losing at Huddersfield. We don’t have a great record away to Cardiff but this is precisely the sort of game we need to win to maintain our promotion challenge. The last two times we claimed victory away against them we ran out 2-1 winners and I would not be surprised if that score was repeated this time out.

Phookin awful so far,only going to be one winner of this unless things change in the second half. We are disgustingly very poor.. GET it sorted fast !

Awful display,Cardiff deserved to win.What can I say ,we go one up he fetches on 3 subs including Barnes who should never play for us again. That's 4 phookin points we have dropped in injury time play.. Sort in out ya ***** Cnut..!

Sorry about the rants,but I find it soul destroying to lose points at the end of a game.. They are the ones that deflate the fans and players alike.

Havent seen the game today. But, too many draws so far.

I do find the decision to drop Beyer and Benson a tad odd. Given one scored and the other played very well last time out against Bristol City.

His general use of the squad so far is generally a bit curious. He's brought all these new lads in, yet Gudmundsen gets in ahead of Benson, Zaroury and Vitinho. He's brought in this striker from Brentford, yet Barnes is on the bench ahead of him.

Why bring in these players if your gonna persist with the old guard so to speak??

I do think we have some decent options, but 11 games in I get the impression he still hasnt found the right balance, both in personnel and system/formation.

Looking at yesterday's team and six out of the ten starting outfield players are Dyche's men, three of the other four were playing in England last season with just Cullen being brought in from abroad, and he's Irish. It begs the question to Vinni, 'Are you Sean Dyche in disguise' ?

I'm flabbergasted with some of VK's selections How The F*ck Benson, Zaroury and Vitinho are not starting is beyond me. Maatsen cannot defend to save his life, Taylor should be our first choice left-back with Beyer alongside TBH. Cardiff would not have scored that late goal yesterday against those three.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)