+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Langstaff bet…

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Very true jonnyt but I'm too much of a gambler and a little too lazy to do that.
    It really isn’t hard work, and it’s something most successful gamblers do.

It’s like getting odds against on both in a two horse race. No risk involved, but guaranteed easy money.

Trust me I know how it works.

The thing is I have the bet each way so as stated earlier there is an extra level of insurance there that anyone who bet 'to win' the market won't have. Plus I have a large bet on Notts to finish Top 7 again and I am again very confident of this being succesful. I call that bet 'easy money' Although obviously not guaranteed the potential winnings there are similar to the quoted cash out taken succesfully by Mr Dwarf. This is a bet I could also lay.

Although I like the old adage of "never be afraid to take a profit" it is too early for me to lay this bet with its potential £332.50 return, we aren't even in October yet! I will wait till we get a lot nearer to the January transfer market before making a decision whether to hedge my bets or not.

Right now I am thinking to 'let it roll'

The thing is I have the bet each way so as stated earlier there is an extra level of insurance there that anyone who bet 'to win' the market won't have. Plus I have a large bet on Notts to finish Top 7 again and I am again very confident of this being succesful. I call that bet 'easy money' Although obviously not guaranteed the potential winnings there are similar to the quoted cash out taken succesfully by Mr Dwarf. This is a bet I could also lay.

Although I like the old adage of "never be afraid to take a profit" it is too early for me to lay this bet with its potential £332.50 return, we aren't even in October yet! I will wait till we get a lot nearer to the January transfer market before making a decision whether to hedge my bets or not.

Right now I am thinking to 'let it roll'
    To be honest, if we weren’t taking the kids to Goose Fair next week, then away at half term at Skeg, I probably would have let it roll. The cash in value of £130 was too good to turn down.
    That should pay for at least 3 rides next week on the Florest! ��

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Right. Checked my £10 bet for Langstaff to be top scorer this season. I put a tenner on at 25/1.
    Already at £130 checkout offer.
    What do you lot reckon. Ride it until the end or bank the £130…
    I’m still reeling that I couldn’t put 20 on at 20-1 when I was in Greece, don’t bet very often and didn’t realise it wouldn’t let me, but if he ends up top scorer and we go up I really won’t care.

Although I like the old adage of "never be afraid to take a profit" it is too early for me to lay this bet with its potential £332.50 return.
    So what was the original stake? I suspect it was rather more than the £10 hissingdwarf put on.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    To be honest, if we weren’t taking the kids to Goose Fair next week, then away at half term at Skeg, I probably would have let it roll. The cash in value of £130 was too good to turn down.
    That should pay for at least 3 rides next week on the Florest! ��
    Haha, I don't blame you one bit. As a kid I used to absolutely love going to Goose Fair, street parking on Sherwood Rise and seeing the mass of lights below as we walked down. It was pure excitement the sights, the sounds and even the smells.

I then went once as an adult when I was paying for the first time and the prices at the time still haunt me to this day. In the 20+ years since I've only been once to take the wife to show her part of my childhood. That night a maniacal man in a pork pie hat ended my night early after a trip on the Waltzers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So what was the original stake? I suspect it was rather more than the £10 hissingdwarf put on.
    Nope just £10 more, all the information is there.

Although my total outlay on the National League Top scorer bets this season is a whopping £30, due to the £10 saver on Mullin to be top scorer.

Anybody who put a bet on Langstaff at 20/1+ are the real winners already. Guaranteed fun or winnings, or maybe both.

He's on 35 goals right?

I see the BBC stating 35 and it's been widely reported since his brace but other football stat pages says he's on 34 and only 5 ahead of Mullin.

I'm very interested to confirm which it is with my aforementioned £20 season long bet on the master marksman very much in mind.

Can anyone provide more clarity?

Flashscore have him as scoring 35 goals
    Maybe it’s the goal that was given to Jodi Jones and then changed to Langstaff that some stats sites haven’t altered

Yeah that was my guess too, and believed it had gone the way of Langstaff.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast