+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Langstaff bet…

Earlier in the season one of his goals was later awarded to Chicksen. I think this is where some confusion my be?

Hmmmm the mystery deepens.

Hopefully the top scorer in the league will be clear by at least 2 goals and hopefully it's the Notts man £££

Quote Originally Posted by Pensionerpie View Post
    Flashscore have him as scoring 35 goals
    Maybe it’s the goal that was given to Jodi Jones and then changed to Langstaff that some stats sites haven’t altered
    I think this is right.The site that I use ,Soccerway, still has jones as the goal scorer against Barnet which was given to Langstaff pretty much straight after the match

Regarding Langstaff this has been a bit of a nightmare and the one reason I didn't do a table this season for every scorer in the NL like last season.

The club gave Chicksen the third goal at home to Alty, which essentially robbed him of a hattrick. Then he was given the goal by the club that came from Jones' shot in the win over Barnet.

I managed to get Wyscout to change the Barnet goal to match the clubs records but they refused to change the Chicksen goal saying as far as they were concerned the ball was already over the line.

So depending on where you look he can have 34,35 or even 36 goals this season. I think it will come down to the NL official scoring records and as it stands I think they have him on 35 which is what most people are working to.

All this confusion from one player, now imagine what a nightmare it was to keep track of every goalscorer last season, nightmare!

Thanks Richard, so as clear as mud

I will take it as 35 and hope he keeps ahead of Mullin by the time the final league game is finished. I can confirm that there will be no cashing out of this bet from me.

Langstaff is now on 36…. 3 more and he equals Tom Keetleys 1930 record of 39 in a single season!

Go on Macca!!!

36 and hopefully counting....

39 and counting...

A quick look and I make that Mullin is 8 behind with 1 game more to play.

I can already smell that £332.50 return.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I’ve got similar, and the worry is Mullin really and penalties. I think both will score 30 if they stay fit, but Langstaff not being on penalties means he’ll have to outscore him by at least a few just from open play, which is a big ask.
    Jacob, just wondered whether you played safe and wisely cashed out early like hissingdwarf or did you let it roll until the season is done for the big win?

This one is in the bag surely?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Jacob, just wondered whether you played safe and wisely cashed out early like hissingdwarf or did you let it roll until the season is done for the big win?

This one is in the bag surely?
    It’s all good from my end. The cash came in handy and I’m not sure any of us could have predicted he’d be where he is now. (Thankfully.)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast