+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Langstaff bet…

Totally, like you implied the value at the time varies depending each individual's circumstances. Loved the Goose Fair line

Back in September with him setting off like a train 30 looked possible but always a chance of a serious injury or a transfer to lose the bet. Plus it was guaranteed money. "Never be afraid to take a profit"

Because my bet was each way (built in insurance) I wasn't offered a cash out, which tbh I wouldn't have even thought about taking until February at the earliest. I don't think I ever would have due to my circumstances tbh

Anybody else got the Langstaff top scorer betting slip in hand? Hopefully a few more on NCM.

Well done Macca, that's all I can say. Record Breaker!

I didn't take the bet, but if I had I would have taken a 25% cashout in mid-January in case of injury or transfer. That would have secured a nice profit, with 75% of the bet still left to run. I remember from reading Bob's Board that a few Chesterfield fans had bets on Tshimanga finishing top scorer last season. He looked a cert to win it until his bad injury, and it must have been gutting for them to watch Mullin gradually overtake him.

That doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    And your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No need Laddo stop goading

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    No need Laddo stop goading
    Well if that's counted as goading in your eyes, and you are going to comment every time then you are going to very busy. Let's not get too sensitive here.

Elite's approach is to hedge his bets, guarantee a (smaller) profit, lower his risk on lots of bets. He's a clever gambler who takes a sensible approach. His past bets and posts on here tell you that. It wasn't a criticism, lots of times the best play is to partial (EP) or fully (dwarf) cash out, and take the more sensible approach.

I wasn't surprised that would be his approach if he had placed the pre season bet at 25/1.

Nobody expected ML to runaway with it on the top scorers list, I certainly didn't as I'm already impressed by Mullin, and not just his conning of refs to get penalities.

I like to gamble more, risk more, to win bigger, but less often. Different strokes for different folks.

Very true Laddo. I am someone who struggles to step far away from favourites, as I need a high win strike rate to stop me doubting my betting strategies.
    Other folk like yourself are able to bet through the losers that will obviously come when betting at longer odds.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that 1959.

Tbh , other than making naive decisions, and/or schoolboy errors, missing tricks, there is no definitive correct approach IMO. No one approach better than others it all depends on the individual, their circumstances, how averse or not they are to risk, and also what they want out of the betting experience.

Nice to see after the final whistle as expected the bookies rightly paid out for Langstaff's incredible effects this season. Minus the £20 bet on talented Mr Mullin, meant a £292.50 profit form the pre season bet. This coupled with the easy £80 won on Notts finishing Top 7 in the #4/6 club aka free money bet, means two bumper betting accounts to play with all next season.

As always with a standout big win 10% of the total profit (£40) will be going to the excellent charity MIND, of which I am a longstanding supporter.

MIND - The mental health charity. We're here to make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone.

I doubt I will ever spot and win a 25/1 shot season long bet any time soon but we will try and beat the bookies next season again so MIND get a little unexpected boost.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast