+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonner gives knock back

Bonner gives knock back

Bonner wants to stay at Cambridge a club that is near to his heart Rotherham all set to offer him the job and he gives knockback

Such is life. Not all about the bucks for everyone - or is it?

never had any intention of taking the job, in his press statement he says he is very happy at cambridge even though he has spoken to other clubs, mmm seems a bit dodgy to me.

Showing some loyalty to his hometown club.
    To be commended I say

Putting himself in the shop window for the future?

Going through the motions of an interview at a bigger club for the experience?

Seeing what others are willing to offer him and just biding his time?

Agents looking what's best for them, agents I'm on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

I would agree with that, but the club needs to be more aware that this will happen and be sure not to make offers that are very likely to be refused, it wastes time and makes us look silly. Nobody that is in a job outside of league 2 will come to us, we won't offer enough and the risk of failure is too high. So expect a compromise selection, someone that is out of work or has an association with the club already.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Wonder if agents help determine the betting prices on their manager clients, with suckle
    hints here & there to the media etc.

Serial loser Nigel Adkins waiting in the wings ! He’ll be cheap.

Where has the story come from?

I've seen a statement from him saying he has spoken to other clubs (which I would be worried about if I was a CU fan!!) could be us, Derby, Cardiff, Huddersfield, etc, etc.

Nothing coming directly from our side apart from some press speculation, media/twitter rumours - none of it substantiated.

How do we know that he's not had a conversation with RUFC and either party don't agree the way forward and moved on?
    RUFC may not like him after a conversation (interview) and thought he's not us. He then goes home "with his tail between his legs" hence his interview to endear himself to CU fans.
    He may not like what was on offer and said no thanks.

The point I'm trying to make, is that no one on here is not part of the process.
    Therefore, unless we have a poster who is to a member of staff, applicant or agent (highly unlikely) then we are relying rumours, assumptions and speculation..........not real facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I would agree with that, but the club needs to be more aware that this will happen and be sure not to make offers that are very likely to be refused, it wastes time and makes us look silly. Nobody that is in a job outside of league 2 will come to us, we won't offer enough and the risk of failure is too high. So expect a compromise selection, someone that is out of work or has an association with the club already.
    A compromise selection like Woody and Pelts?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast