+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Days of yesterday year

Days of yesterday year

Aldershot Town
    Barnet FC
    York City
    Chesterfield FC
    Dagenham & Redbridge
    Halifax Town
    Notts County
    Oldham Athletic
    Wrexham
    Southend United
    Yeovil Town
    Sc.unthorpe United
    Torquay

We use to play all these in the leagues but now they are all languishing in the National League. We could have been with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Aldershot Town
    Barnet FC
    York City
    Chesterfield FC
    Dagenham & Redbridge
    Halifax Town
    Notts County
    Oldham Athletic
    Wrexham
    Southend United
    Yeovil Town
    Sc.unthorpe United
    Torquay

We use to play all these in the leagues but now they are all languishing in the National League. We could have been with them.
    And could be yet

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    And could be yet
    Give over. With TS at the helm we're destined for the Prem.

Give over. With TS at the helm we're destined for the Prem.
    “Let’s go incremental,let’s go incremental na nah na na.na na nah na.”….

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    “Let’s go incremental,let’s go incremental na nah na na.na na nah na.”….

Aldershot Town
    Barnet FC
    York City
    Chesterfield FC
    Dagenham & Redbridge
    Halifax Town
    Notts County
    Oldham Athletic
    Wrexham
    Southend United
    Yeovil Town
    Sc.unthorpe United
    Torquay

Darlington,Workington,Chester & Hereford even further down the scale.

Brin, with the greatest respect your list is selective and clearly intended to make a point. I picked three random seasons from the 1960s, 1980s and early 2000s. Some of the teams you list did feature but more usually our opponents were teams like Derby, QPR, 'Boro, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bristol City, Ipswich, Bolton, Millwall. We also played in the league Man City, Wolves, Brentford, Brighton, Villa, Palace, Norwich, Watford, Sheff utd, Forest and Fulham.

Was saying the same thing to my brother recently, lots of these grounds I visited regularly, even went to Hereford twice,lovely place crap ground !
    Yes we could easily be on the same situation or worse, good job Mr Stewart stepped in when he did.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Brin, with the greatest respect your list is selective and clearly intended to make a point. I picked three random seasons from the 1960s, 1980s and early 2000s. Some of the teams you list did feature but more usually our opponents were teams like Derby, QPR, 'Boro, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bristol City, Ipswich, Bolton, Millwall. We also played in the league Man City, Wolves, Brentford, Brighton, Villa, Palace, Norwich, Watford, Sheff utd, Forest and Fulham.
    You have missed Lincoln City out the team we have played the most times.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Wendun, likewise with respect, I was merely making a viewpoint of who's in the National League now and how far we have come and retained our league status, nothing more nothing less. You're thinking too deep on this one pal. It's not a TS praise just an observation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast