+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Days of yesterday year

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wendun, likewise with respect, I was merely making a viewpoint of who's in the National League now and how far we have come and retained our league status, nothing more nothing less. You're thinking too deep on this one pal. It's not a TS praise just an observation.
    Brin, whatever your intent the clear implication is - as Towner's post makes clear - that but for the parsimony of TS we would be in Non-league or oblivion. And, as for Lol's mention of Lincoln I did try to make clear I had selected 3 random seasons and we did not play Lincoln in any of those which is why they are not mentioned. By the way, as to your mention of "...how far we have come..." well when I started watching we were established in what is now the Championship and were getting similar crowds.
    Last edited by wendun; 29-09-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Brin, whatever your intent the clear implication is - as Towner's post makes clear - that but for the parsimony of TS we would be in Non-league or oblivion. And, as for Lol's mention of Lincoln I did try to make clear I had selected 3 random seasons and we did not play Lincoln in any of those which is why they are not mentioned. By the way, as to your mention of "...how far we have come..." well when I started watching we were established in what is now the Championship and were getting similar crowds.
    So in essence, we are back where we started whilst some clubs have bettered themselves and some clubs have gone tits up. I think that's what is commonly known as 'the law of averages'.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So in essence, we are back where we started whilst some clubs have bettered themselves and some clubs have gone tits up. I think that's what is commonly known as 'the law of averages'.
    Exactly so, Cam. But you have to admit (or perhaps not) that the descent into non-league or worse of some of our old adversaries has been used several times on here to suggest that TS saved us from that fate and that if we'd spent a bob or two we'd obviously have been doomed.

Exactly so, Cam. But you have to admit (or perhaps not) that the descent into non-league or worse of some of our old adversaries has been used several times on here to suggest that TS saved us from that fate and that if we'd spent a bob or two we'd obviously have been doomed.
    With some pretty strong justification I'd say. I think given what had happened in the 5 years leading up to TS stepping in and the stigma that was later to befall the name of 'Rotherham' that we were much more likely to have headed in the direction of Wrexham than that of Manchester City. If we had then I'm not sure there would have been a couple of Hollywood 'angels' stepping in to try and save our fate 15 years down the line. He may be 'the light bulb king' but I'm glad he is. That doesn't mean to say he's perfect though, who is?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    With some pretty strong justification I'd say. I think given what had happened in the 5 years leading up to TS stepping in and the stigma that was later to befall the name of 'Rotherham' that we were much more likely to have headed in the direction of Wrexham than that of Manchester City. If we had then I'm not sure there would have been a couple of Hollywood 'angels' stepping in to try and save our fate 15 years down the line. He may be 'the light bulb king' but I'm glad he is. That doesn't mean to say he's perfect though, who is?
    Wendun?

Wendun, why can't anyone just make a normal observation of something that catches their attention, where they are not intentionally meaning it's all about Tony Stewart. I just don't follow your observation of my original post pal. * scratches head*

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Darlington,Workington,Chester & Hereford even further down the scale.
    What about Barrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    What about Barrow ?
    They now play in League 2 and are doing very well so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    They now play in League 2 and are doing very well so far this season.
    Yes loved my journeys up there !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Yes loved my journeys up there !
    Doesn't it get hot in that furnace?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast