+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Insect intelligence.

Insect intelligence.

No no no no, im not referring to Bonner. In my car wing mirror a spider lives in the gaps, and from what ive observed, very successfully.

Anyway, having walked my dog, he or she was in the middle of the web. I dont brush away webs, or kill living things, unlike 98 per cent. On starting up, the web shook violently, because of the wind, and i thought that cant be nice. As an experiment i stopped to see if the spider had the nous to find the safety of the wing mirror.

Well slap my thigh, it scuttled for safety in a second. Now thats intelligence from a thats brain almost imperceptible.

If you compare that to Bonners brain, then he should be PM of the Universe. But he isnt. Turning down the Rotherham job was a smart move, it makes him out to be picky. And that he values himself. So if not Rotherham, then who?

Rotherham are the Cambridge of south Yorkshire, i know i lived in sth yorks for a year and a half. The difference is that Rotherham developed without the criminal board of directors and chairman Cambridge have had, over and over. Lets face it, Cambridge United are a shambles.

Cambridge should be where Rotherham are.

South Yorkshire is a cracking place to live, it was a coin flip between cambs and sth yorks for my last lap. Im sure part of it was the southern bias against the north. Completely unfounded.

I am unhappy that United still have a decent manager, how good still remains to be seen.

Did Bonner chicken out, like below? partly yes.

As with having a choice, the two roads go in different directions. Was taking the Rotherham job the right choice, who knows. The answer is yes if Cambridge bomb down to the conference now, which would please me immensely.

If was me i would have taken it, as i know that i could have made a success of any club. If you can make a success of Cambridge, you can do anything.

That cant be taken away. If you can demonstrate that for two plus seasons you made a success of Cambridge, chairman will always sit up to that, and need proof that it happened.

And when its supplied, puff out their cheeks and go FFS, well done.

The job is yours. Even at Premier level. The standing of Cambridge United in the football world is that of Wisbech, in non league.

Sorry, Frank, but a spider is an arachnid and not an insect.

Youve got me there, i hope you can tell me what the difference is.

Number of legs I think, and possibly eyes.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)