+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (32)

Silly games - Janet Kay.
    Sound of the suburbs - The Members
    All night long - Lionel Richie
    Hello, this is Joannie - Paul Evans
    Tea La La song - Banana Splits

56 Hot Chocolate. I’ll put you back together again

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Silly games - Janet Kay.
    Sound of the suburbs - The Members
    All night long - Lionel Richie
    Hello, this is Joannie - Paul Evans
    Tea La La song - Banana Splits
    Any numbers to those?

25 Silly games - Janet Kay. Correct
    34 Sound of the suburbs - The Members Correct
    35 All night long - Lionel Richie Incorrect as I don't usually include the title of the song in the lyrics
    37 Hello, this is Joannie - Paul Evans Correct
    48 Tea La La song - Banana Splits Already gone

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    56 Hot Chocolate. I’ll put you back together again
    Correct (no back though)

All done except for one song and I accept it was a bad clue for a pretty bad song. Back to football now until World Cup/Poptastic fever strikes in November.

1. I fell into your open arms And I didn't stand a chance I Only Want To Be With You The Tourists
    2. There's a man outside In a long coat, grey hat, smoking a cigarette Are Friends Electric Tubeway Army
    3. Seems I'm not alone at being alone Hundred billion castaways, looking for a home Message In A Bottle The Police
    4. Let's do the milkshake Selling like a hot cake Try some, buy some Fe, fi, foe, fum Pop Muzik M
    5. What a catalyst you turned out to be Loaded the guns then you run off home for your tea Eton Rifles The Jam
    6. But on the way back I cuddled with Jack and we opened a bottle of cider Day Trip To Bangor Fiddlers Dram
    7. Everybody wants her, everybody loves her Everybody wants to take your baby home When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman Dr Hook
    8. Oh-a oh-a I met your children Oh-a oh-a What did you tell them? Video Killed The Radio Star The Buggles
    9. In between What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine Heart Of Glass Blondie
    10. You're enchained by your own sorrow In your eyes, there is no hope for tomorrow Chiquitita ABBA
    11. Not much of a girlfriend, I've never seem to get a lot Breakfast In America Supertramp
    12. ahoy! ahoy! land, sea and sky ahoy!ahoy! boy, man and soldier Into The Valley The Skids
    13. I got have some of your attention, give it to me Brass In Pocket The Pretenders
    14. You better start to move your feet To the rockinest, rock-steady beat One Step Beyond Madness
    15. I don't need you to worry for me 'cause I'm alright I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home My Life Billy Joel
    16. Don't say that you love me Just tell me that you want me Tusk Fleetwood Mac
    17. Das ist gut! C'est fantastique! Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Ian Dury and the Blockheads
    18. I know it's a shame But I'm giving you back your name Yeah, yeah Sail On The Commodores
    19. And the lesson today is how to die I Don't Like Mondays The Boomtown Rats
    20. Here I lie, in a lost and lonely part of town Held in time, in a world of tears I slowly drown Tragedy The Bee Gees
    21. You packed in the morning, I Stared out the window and I Struggled for something to say Just When I Needed You Most Randy Vanwarmer
    22. I fancy this, I fancy that, I wanna be so flash I give a little muscle and I spend a little cash Cool For Cats Squeeze
    23. I'm travelling at the speed of light I wanna make a supersonic man outta you Don't Stop Me Now Queen
    24. We're puttin' ourselves together We're polishing up our act Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now McFadden and Whitehead
    25. I've been wanting you For so long, it's a shame Oh, baby Every time I hear your name Silly Games Janet Kay
    26. That's what I want That's what I want That's what I want Money The Flying Lizards
    27. Don't be afraid, just knock on the door While he just stood there mumblin', a-fumblin' The Diary Of Horace Wimp ELO
    28. With the boys from the Mersey and the Thames and the Tyne Oliver's Army Elvis Costello and the Attractions
    29. Dépéche-toi, dépéche-toi et attends Toute la semaine absent et pourtant j'attends Sunday Girl Blondie
    30. Well, I can dance with you, honey, if you think it's funny Does Your Mother Know ABBA
    31. You ran around with every girl in town You didn't ever care if it got me down A-ha, Uh huh, Gonna Get Along Without You Now Viola Wills
    32. Time to straighten right out, Creating problems in town. A Message To You Rudy The Specials
    33. These four wall are closing in Look at the fix you put me in Since You've Been Gone Rainbow
    34. And Johnnys upstairs in his bedroom sitting in the dark Annoying the neighbours with his punk rock electric guitar Sound Of The Suburbs The Members
    35. All, all, all, all night long I Was Made For Dancing Leif Garrett
    36. Is it a kind of a shadow Reaching into the night Wandering over the hills unseen Or is it a dream? Bright Eyes Art Garfunkel
    37. The phone rang once, the phone rang twice And then I heard her say-hey Hello This Is Joanie Paul Evans
    38. You check out guitar George, he knows-all the chords Sultans Of Swing Dire Straits
    39. Digge ding ding ding digge digge ding ding Hey di hey di hoh Hooray Hooray It's A Holi-Holiday Boney M
    40. If you see the wonder, of a fairy tale You can take the future, even if you fail I Have A Dream ABBA
    41. We never could have come this far I took the good times, I'll take the bad times Just The Way You Are Barry White
    42. I got a job with Stanley He said I'd come in handy Up The Junction Squeeze
    43. Available for parties, Bar Mitzvahs and charities Do another session, I'll be carried off Knocked It Off B.A.Robertson
    44. I know my mind is made up So put away your make up Roxanne The Police
    45. Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one. When you gonna give me some time My Sharona The Knack
    46. I should have changed that stupid lock, I should have made you leave your key I Will Survive Gloria Gaynor
    47. Main attraction dead on his feet Black man rhythm with a white boy beat Milk And Alcohol Dr. Feelgood
    48. Tra la la, tra la la, la Tra la la, tra la la, la Banana Splits (Tra La La Song) The Dickies
    49. You asked me what's my pleasure A movie or a measure? Dreaming Blondie
    50. There's not a soul out there No one to hear my prayer Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie (A Man After Midnight) ABBA
    51. Oh, what a night (oh, what a night) Ladies Night Kool and the Gang
    52. There are times when all the world's asleep The questions run too deep The Logical Song Supertramp
    53. I saw the lamp light from your window I didn't think you were home, sitting there all alone Everyday Hurts Sad Cafe
    54. Some may say I'm wishing my days away No way Walking On The Moon The Police
    55. Oh I can't take another heartache Though you say you're my friend, I'm at my wit's end Cruel To Be Kind Nick Lowe
    56. When you can't take any more When you feel your life is over I'll Put You Together Again Hot Chocolate
    57. Seeing Piccadilly, Fanny Smith and Willie Being rather silly and porridge oats Reasons To Be Cheerful Pt 3 Ian Dury and the Blockheads
    58. We played the games that people play We made our mistakes along the way Still The Commodores
    59. Power, passion plays a double hand Union City Blue Blondie
    60. If I swore you were an angel, Would you treat me like the devil tonight If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me Bellamy Brothers

I just remembered I have a single by The Dickies called "Give It Back", should have got that.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I just remembered I have a single by The Dickies called "Give It Back", should have got that.
    I would have kept that quiet GF.

Thanks, CAM. I found that one very difficult. Very much at the far end of my era - and I’d just got back from my first stint in the US where the music scene had been a bit different.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789