+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T my favourite phrase

O/T my favourite phrase

Watching ice cold killers and other murders abroad.
    And one murder outcome I like
    Is
    Life without parole.
    Why not more here?

ECHR probably.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Watching ice cold killers and other murders abroad.
    And one murder outcome I like
    Is
    Life without parole.
    Why not more here?
    Crash, don't get me going. Regarding ice cold killers proven beyond reasonable doubt and my favourite phrase is....'' You shall be hung by your neck until you are dead''

Oops, I've opened it up now haven't I. Think how many would give up more prison space and less cost to the tax payer. Levi Bellfield and Ian Huntley for starters. I'd come out of retirement and take the Kings shilling just to pull the lever.

Mine are O/T Please and Dangling Title.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Mine are O/T Please and Dangling Title.
    Dangling from a rope?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Crash, don't get me going. Regarding ice cold killers proven beyond reasonable doubt and my favourite phrase is....'' You shall be hung by your neck until you are dead''
    But they didn't do that, they didn't strangle people to death (unless something went badly wrong), that would somewhat inhumane. The drop broke the neck.

So a bit of an odd phrase to use really.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Oops, I've opened it up now haven't I. Think how many would give up more prison space and less cost to the tax payer. Levi Bellfield and Ian Huntley for starters. I'd come out of retirement and take the Kings shilling just to pull the lever.
    Groundhog Day!

The standard of proof required in English criminal cases is 'beyond reasonable doubt' (or 'satisfied so as to be sure' in the new money). In other words, the Birmingham Six, the Guildford Four, Stefan Kiszko and Sally Clark to name but a few, were found guilty of murder 'beyond reasonable doubt' even though they weren't.

As for Ian Huntley, the guilty verdict in his case was on a 10:2 majority, which indicates that two of the jury who sat through the evidence and heard it tested did not think the case proven 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Groundhog Day!

The standard of proof required in English criminal cases is 'beyond reasonable doubt' (or 'satisfied so as to be sure' in the new money). In other words, the Birmingham Six, the Guildford Four, Stefan Kiszko and Sally Clark to name but a few, were found guilty of murder 'beyond reasonable doubt' even though they weren't.

As for Ian Huntley, the guilty verdict in his case was on a 10:2 majority, which indicates that two of the jury who sat through the evidence and heard it tested did not think the case proven 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

My issue with giving Ian Huntley the Death sentence is that he would welcome it so he does not have to live with the guilt of what he did.
    His desire is to die, so being alive is his ultimate punishment.

I'm opposed to the death penalty primarily because too many innocent people would die, but you make a good point, Scum. Both Fred West and Harold Shipman chose to check out on their terms rather than serve life imprisonment. I think many others would too (possibly including the odd innocent one).

I don't think it's necessarily a living with guilty thing though. Speaking as a bit of a connoisseur of criminals, I would say that part of the 'kick' that the likes of Shipman and West get is the feeling of being in control of others. Reverse that position and they really don't like it.

My favourite is “Rest assured that if you are at death’s door Dr K will pull you through!”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast