+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v The Anchor Man’s Kilmarnock

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It was a good win today and it could have been more severe for The Anchor Man’s Kilmarnock. Ash Taylor got the goal against us but is he not Kilmarnock’s top goalscorer this season? He had his best passing game I have seen him play at Pittodrie as he was hitting long diagonals and they were decent for a change. Good to see we were a good bit in front of them though. A big gulf in quality between the two teams going by today’s showing. Well done Dons.
    Did you have a good trip ?
    Last edited by Bisconti's balls; 02-10-2022 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    And what do you see in Morris? What i've seen so far is a headless chicken,Kennedy played well,put some decent crosses in and got stuck in
    Not a lot but to write him off after a few appearances is nonsense.Morris is only 20 so he has time to improve.

Kennedy has been pish since he signed in 2020, I have never seen a winger so reluctant to try to cross the ball into the box.

Personally I would play Ryan Duncan ahead of both of them.Looks far better than Kennedy any time I’ve seen him play.

Kennedy did okay yesterday in my opinion. The young lad Morris gets the ball past his opponent but his final delivery is a lot to be desired. I prefer Duncan also…he should be getting a bit more game time as he definitely has something about him. He varies his play and looks dangerous nearly every time he gets the ball to go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Do you actually need pre season training when you're 20?

Folk say he's quick but I haven't noticed.

I'm not writing him off, I hope he comes onto a game but we certainly haven't seen anything yet to say he will.
    I include the early league cup games when I say pre season, for match sharpness and getting used to playing with his new team mates. Could be a confidence thing with Morris too...or maybe he will turn out to be crap. I just get bored with the number of people in our support who are falling over themselves to slag off players and declare them ****e. Quicker to do that than talk about any positives after a gold win.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    I include the early league cup games when I say pre season, for match sharpness and getting used to playing with his new team mates. Could be a confidence thing with Morris too...or maybe he will turn out to be crap. I just get bored with the number of people in our support who are falling over themselves to slag off players and declare them ****e. Quicker to do that than talk about any positives after a gold win.
    Absolutely, If this forum had been around when we first signed Gordon Strachan, there would been loads of threads about him being garbage compared to Jim Shirra

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    It’s the thing to do when you want to impress with your studiedly-cool cynicism. Gets you lots of rides when you flash the onscreen messages to young women/men/other genders as identified in whatever the hip entertainment joint du jour happens to be. Alternatively, the frothing-at-the-mooth, I-shoot-from-the-hip tactic of The Perennually Angry Stegosaurus Hater Tendency is equally effective in building consensus. Did I mention the census there? Oooops.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Absolutely, If this forum had been around when we first signed Gordon Strachan, there would been loads of threads about him being garbage compared to Jim Shirra
    ….and rightly so.

Strachan took a fair while to settle in.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    ….and rightly so.

Strachan took a fair while to settle in.
    His debut was at Tannadice, where pretendy local rivalries were set aside as the 93 Jutes at the other end chanted “Strachan’s a reject”. It was the day that Narey fuucked up his *38th passback to McAlpine in the final minute, allowing Ian Fleming to intercept and stick the ball home from a very tight angle, right in front of us in The Allotment End. We applauded politely, overt derision and scorn for our opponents far from our minds.

Angels were singing
    And orphans found parents
    Who spread all their wages around and around

https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixt...8&squad=Senior ❤️

He hit his stride two seasons later, in 79-80, but during Davie Robb’s late career purple patch in late 1977, scored an early rocket at the King Street End against Motherwell, where the Brush scored the other three.

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/...8&squad=Senior

* this may be slightly inaccurate, as I went for a slash just after half time, and he may have sneaked in a couple more in my absence

Well I just watched the highlights and the penalty did look soft from my viewpoint at the game and indeed he fell over the keeper, but Killie didn't protest too much.

His second goal was what you expect from a good striker, a great little finish.

I wonder if we have a chance of getting Coulson signed up on a permanent deal, would be a great signing, but looks destined for a higher level. He just bombs up and down that left side.

We really need to clone Johnny Hayes, possibly our player of the season so far and his battle with the Killie sub on Saturday was good to watch, some good old fashioned shi thousery going on.

The penalty decision will even itself out soon enough, just nae against the Jute please. Please dinna let them end their run against us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    We really need to clone Johnny Hayes, .
    Aw ... if only ...

.......... . Roos
    Hayes, Stewart, Scales, Hayes
    ......... Ramadani
    Hayes, McRorie, Hayes,
    ...Miovski, Besuijen

Subs ... Hayes, Duk, Hayes, Lewis, Coulson, Hayes, Clarkson, Barron, Hayes,

Referee: Hayes.
    Assistant refs: Hayes, Hayes.
    4th Assitant: Hayes.