+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody's odds

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    With warney loving us so much he may have planned ahead recruiting Peltier for just this situation. He leaves and Peltier steps into the role.

Peltier my new favourite for managers job! He's the boss over Wood.

Don't epect any logic from the frequent posters om here. Mean all. All they seek is their (they're there?) moment of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Peltier my new favourite for managers job! He's the boss over Wood.

Brin get your money back! My tip Peltier! I'm on lotto tomorrow night gone for it £20 million jackpot got to be won!

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Don't epect any logic from the frequent posters om here. Mean all. All they seek is their (they're there?) moment of fame.
    They'd be better off going on Twitter for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Brin get your money back! My tip Peltier! I'm on lotto tomorrow night gone for it £20 million jackpot got to be won!
    Somebody once described the lottery as "a tax on the stupid." How apt.

Don't forget, he's got a scientific system. When the lottery first started an old guy that I didn't particularly like explained to me that the average individual wouldn't win the lottery, it would be syndicates. So he created a syndicate with his next door neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Don't forget, he's got a scientific system. When the lottery first started an old guy that I didn't particularly like explained to me that the average individual wouldn't win the lottery, it would be syndicates. So he created a syndicate with his next door neighbour.
    😀😀

I can see Wood and Peltier getting the role with Rob Scott's job title being realigned to Director of Football. Scott would oversee the transfers, wages, deal with the agents etc (I'm assuming this is what he does anyway?).
    This would leave Wood and Peltier to focus on the training and team affairs.
    As Wood is playing an important role this season on the pitch I can see him continuing this, with Peltier spending the majority of the time in the dugout.

This would obviously be a cheaper option, but I also think TS doesn't want too much to change at the club. He will essentially want a continuation of, or a progression of, what Warne was doing. I also think TS is too much of an oldschool Yorkshire businessman, he wants to employ people he knows he can trust. After the Redfearn/Stubbs/Jackett nightmare appointments, he put his faith in Warne because he knew and trusted him (and yes he was the cheaper option, Yorkshire businessman!).

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    I can see Wood and Peltier getting the role with Rob Scott's job title being realigned to Director of Football. Scott would oversee the transfers, wages, deal with the agents etc (I'm assuming this is what he does anyway?).
    This would leave Wood and Peltier to focus on the training and team affairs.
    As Wood is playing an important role this season on the pitch I can see him continuing this, with Peltier spending the majority of the time in the dugout.

This would obviously be a cheaper option, but I also think TS doesn't want too much to change at the club. He will essentially want a continuation of, or a progression of, what Warne was doing. I also think TS is too much of an oldschool Yorkshire businessman, he wants to employ people he knows he can trust. After the Redfearn/Stubbs/Jackett nightmare appointments, he put his faith in Warne because he knew and trusted him (and yes he was the cheaper option, Yorkshire businessman!).
    Could well be right

But where would the tactical ideas side of the game come from with those three?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Could well be right

But where would the tactical ideas side of the game come from with those three?
    Soccer Tactics For Dummies - Amazon $19.99

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast