+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody's odds

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Could well be right

But where would the tactical ideas side of the game come from with those three?
    Good question. It's not a scenario I particularly favour but I can see it going that way. Especially if we do well in our next two games

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Soccer Tactics For Dummies - Amazon $19.99
    We’re going to play a quarterback and wide receiver then.

Can somebody explain to me why Lee Peltier's name keeps popping up when talking about the vacant Miller's managers job? He's only been at our club for a matter of months and as far as I understand he's never had any managerial experience, so why are a lot of our fans wanting him as manager, or have I missed something?

Because he's Johnny on the spot. Might get the same offer PW did when KJ walked. Have a go 'til the end of the season and we'll take it from there.

Wouldn’t be in favour at all. Mark Warburton or Matty Taylor are the ones we should be pursuing if we are serious about staying in the Championship.

Woody might be ok in the future but needs his coaching badges and more Management experience.

I have a feeling the Wood/Peltier option would happen if we beat Wigan & Millwall, but irrespective of that, my personal feelings are that they are too valuable on the field.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 30-09-2022 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Can somebody explain to me why Lee Peltier's name keeps popping up when talking about the vacant Miller's managers job? He's only been at our club for a matter of months and as far as I understand he's never had any managerial experience, so why are a lot of our fans wanting him as manager, or have I missed something?
    Because bookies have him in the betting, 16/1 with bet/victor.

Just went on bettingodds.com

It showed Lee Peltier & Richard Wood appointed 30 September 2022 [ It must mean caretaker managers ]

Betting ................ W/Hill ......... B/V

Wood ................... 9/1 ............ 10/1
    Peltier .................. N/B ............ 16/1

SkyBet :

Matt Taylor (Exeter) 4/11
    Richard Wood 7/2
    Dean Holden 9/2

I am worried to be honest that someone who I love as a player & captain & who is pivotal to our team on the field, and who doesn’t have his coaching badges, will be picked ahead of experienced managers, which is what I believe we need at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Wood isn't that good a talker. Peltier is. Hard to think of a manager who is right for us good enough. Me I'd go back in for Ainsworth.
    So your priority is how the manager "Talks",so why didn`t you like Warne then ?
    I doubt you`ll find a more articulate manager anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Could well be right

But where would the tactical ideas side of the game come from with those three?
    From their brains,where else ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast