+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham v Wigan Saturday October 1st KO 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think it was more to do with being nearer to the linesman.

So that opposition managers couldn't be "in the linesmans's ear" all of the time

That's exactly why it was and Warne said so at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Every manager before Warney used what was the home dugout nearest majority of millers fans at the NYS. Can't tell you who told me but he's in the know re. millers told me before 1st game Warney changed dugouts cause he wife got some grief from our fans at the Doncaster away defeat. Check back Doncaster away then next home game Bolton at home he switched dugouts. Why would I say this if it wasn't true?
    I've asked you this question several times before and you've never answered it, maybe you can this time. How would the problem of his wife getting grief at Donny away be solved by switching dugouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I've asked you this question several times before and you've never answered it, maybe you can this time. How would the problem of his wife getting grief at Donny away be solved by switching dugouts?
    C

Tell me this why did he change dugouts after Doncaster away game? Why not before. True what I've been told reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    CTell me this why did he change dugouts after Doncaster away game? Why not before. True what I've been told reason why.
    Coincidence? I'm not disputing you were told that, I'm just saying that what you were told makes absolutely no sense. Now I'll ask again, How would the problem of his wife getting grief at Donny away be solved by switching dugouts?

I love it as we can give the away manager stick, and we have the linesman ear. As for warne legacy ....... but inthink may see more of kelly now

It will be very difficult this saturday, Wigan are a decent team and have the management that can change a game if it isn't going their way, we don't have that knowledge and experience at the club. Not getting beat will be a good result, not getting tonked is important. I wish Wood and peltier all the best and I hope the players stay focused and put the extra effort in to get all the fans a good result. But we need the new man in before the next game, October is not an easy set of fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think it was more to do with being nearer to the linesman.

So that opposition managers couldn't be "in the linesmans's ear" all of the time
    That’s how I remember it. Mercer in charge if Wood and Peltier on pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    That’s how I remember it. Mercer in charge if Wood and Peltier on pitch.
    Maybe they can develop a sign language like tictac men on the racecourse

I hope the pitch is not flooded.

If they aren't back in home dugout tomorrow not up for managing us!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast