+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remembrance Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Same here,I agree with you BT,which is very unusual.
    Somethings are just not right Alfie this is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think this post just about sums up the "me-me" attitude of your average run-of-the mill Tory voter. A 3 o'clock kick off might not have antagonised thousands of Burnley & Blackburn fans or appeared that Murdoch does not give a f*ck about anything other than profit, but capitalism and corporate greed will win any day of the week.

To the 850 Accrington Pals who died in the service of their country of which some 530 are buried at cemeteries in France and Belgium and 24 at cemeteries in England and Wales I say, "R.I.P. brave warriors, we will remember you" and the EFL and SKY can stick their schedule where the sun doesn't shine.
    You can always cancel your Sky Sports subscription mon ami, or maybe you don't have one in the first place ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You can always cancel your Sky Sports subscription mon ami, or maybe you don't have one in the first place ?
    If only the lads on the Western Front had the choice eh mon ami?

If only the lads on the Western Front had the choice eh mon ami?
    I wonder what the lads who lost their lives on the Western Front, would think of someone who wanted to pay his respects to them for their sacrifice, but didn't fancy missing a football match to do so ?

I wonder what the lads who lost their lives on the Western Front, would think of someone who wanted to pay his respects to them for their sacrifice, but didn't fancy missing a football match to do so ?
    I'm not going to the match nor am I recording it on SKY. Moral compass and all that. I'll read what Dave has to say about it.

You'll have to forgive my lack of empathy on this subject mon ami. 28 years in the Fire Service meant working four out of eight Saturdays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Good Friday etc. etc. attending Rememberance Services in full uniform, I couldn't begin to count the number of football matches I wanted to attend but couldn't, missing important games was a way of life. Your determination to attend the service is admirable, but as for your disappointment at having to miss a football match to do so, tell me about it.

You'll have to forgive my lack of empathy on this subject mon ami. 28 years in the Fire Service meant working four out of eight Saturdays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Good Friday etc. etc. attending Rememberance Services in full uniform, I couldn't begin to count the number of football matches I wanted to attend but couldn't, missing important games was a way of life. Your determination to attend the service is admirable, but as for your disappointment at having to miss a football match to do so, tell me about it.
    The "authorities" closed down an entire EFL programme because Brenda died, but they can't delay or switch a kick-off time not to coincide with Remembrance Sunday.

In their defence I don't suppose fires break out not knowing the Fire Brigade would rather be somewhere else.

The "authorities" closed down an entire EFL programme because Brenda died, but they can't delay or switch a kick-off time not to coincide with Remembrance Sunday.

In their defence I don't suppose fires break out not knowing the Fire Brigade would rather be somewhere else.
    I would imagine mon ami, if you asked the poor buggers buried in the Flanders mud for over 100 years now, what they thought about it, if only they could speak they'd say, 'Don't worry too much about the games you can't get to, be thankful for those that you can'.

I would imagine mon ami, if you asked the poor buggers buried in the Flanders mud for over 100 years now, what they thought about it, if only they could speak they'd say, 'Don't worry too much about the games you can't get to, be thankful for those that you can'.
    Utterly disgraceful.I hope they realise that and re-schedule the game.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Utterly disgraceful.I hope they realise that and re-schedule the game.
    I'll be very surprised if they do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)