+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ....and Carlisle

....and Carlisle

So Rod McDonald is looking forward to playing against his old club. Seeing this sent an instant shiver down my back. Why? Well, the last time a Crewe player said that about returning to play against Carlisle as his previous club was Mark Ellis who ended up, I think, giving away a penalty, scoring an own goal and being sent off (or possibly only 2 of these!) and Carlisle thrashed us!
    I also think it was at home.
    Having said all that, I don't believe we'll be thrashed but I'm losing faith in our ability to score goals and becoming pessimistic again.
    Therefore I'm predicting a 2-0 loss.

Thomas Holy the tallest keeper in the country played a few games for the Vale last season.......Still shuddering at the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So Rod McDonald is looking forward to playing against his old club. Seeing this sent an instant shiver down my back. Why? Well, the last time a Crewe player said that about returning to play against Carlisle as his previous club was Mark Ellis who ended up, I think, giving away a penalty, scoring an own goal and being sent off (or possibly only 2 of these!) and Carlisle thrashed us!
    I also think it was at home.
    Having said all that, I don't believe we'll be thrashed but I'm losing faith in our ability to score goals and becoming pessimistic again.
    Therefore I'm predicting a 2-0 loss.

Don’t think it was Mark Ellis wasn’t it Michael Raynes ?

Can't get there myself, not too worried as I don't think that I will miss much. Interested to see our line up today, one or two choices to make with lads coming back from international duty, King nailed on, will Williams return to LB? Who takes Ainleys role or a different formation? Prediction is a 0-2 loss I'm afraid.

Oh yes! I think you're right , Wartman. Mark Ellis went the opposite direction, didn't he? Still a frightening memory.

Any more predictions? All we've got are 2 x 2-0 losses.

I notice that Carlisle have drawn half their games and have only scored one more than the Alex.

No CBR in the squad. That puts a different perspective on the game. Where will our goals come from? Probably 2-0 loss but hopefully 1-1.

No CBR, EEK!

Although, to my mind, Agyei played his best games as a centre-forward. But, clearly his style is different from CBR