+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Altrincham 01.10.22 [NL]

And let's not forget our ex-manager N. Ardley playing for the point again. With Mansfailed throwing away a 2-0 lead last night against lowly opposition at home and an East Midlands premier league relegation decider tomorrow it's sure to be a busy Saturday night and weekend for some.

As for Notts poor performance, good win. Play badly win by 2 goals has gotta be a good sign.

Thanks BFP & Jackal as you both answered my queries before I asked them. I have yet to see Notts live this season but it sounds from listening to the commentaries that JOB has been a revelation so far and is obviously benefitting from working with the new coaching staff. His absence today was noted but I fully understand that there is a v important match coming on Tuesday and risking a booking today would have meant Jimbo missing for Wrexham. TAR sounded as though he did alright today. His absence so far suggests that the back room staff have been biding their time with him, getting him fit after his injury and I really hope that he will have an important and successful role to play for the rest of the season.

Did not sound as though Notts were on song but I’d rather they won scruffily then feeling the way I did after the Dorking defeat only two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    And let's not forget our ex-manager N. Ardley playing for the point again. With Mansfailed throwing away a 2-0 lead last night against lowly opposition at home and an East Midlands premier league relegation decider tomorrow it's sure to be a busy Saturday night and weekend for some.

As for Notts poor performance, good win. Play badly win by 2 goals has gotta be a good sign.
    Ermmm ‘relegation decider’ is not tomorrow.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-10-2022 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    We were absolute rubbish. Anyone who wasn’t at York must have wondered what the fuss was about Castro, because other than his free kick he played like his limbs weren’t properly attached. Can’t believe I’m saying it, but I think we really missed JOBs intensity.

Williams sounded like he knew we weren’t up to it today, but I reckon we’ll see a big improvement on Tuesday. JOB back in, Nemane back in. COYP.
    I wouldn't say we were rubbish , more a case of the players looking to Tuseday rather than today. There is still the problem with players not giving lower teams respect and thinking they only need to turn up and win. We can play better and we have played far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    I wouldn't say we were rubbish , more a case of the players looking to Tuseday rather than today. There is still the problem with players not giving lower teams respect and thinking they only need to turn up and win. We can play better and we have played far worse.
    If it hadn't have been for Macca ''sniffer'' Langstaff, There's a good chance we could have drawn the game 1-1. Still, that's what he's there for and long may it continue.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-10-2022 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If it hadn't have been for Macca ''sniffer'' Langstaff, There's a good chance we could have drawn the game 1-1. Still, that's what he's their for and long may it continue.
    Yeah deffo, we’ve had plenty of games like that at ML which we’ve maybe lost 1-0 or drawn 1-1, but now we’ve got a proper striker for the first time in about 10 years. It’s a shame Chicksen got a touch on that third one cos Macca’s header was terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah deffo, we’ve had plenty of games like that at ML which we’ve maybe lost 1-0 or drawn 1-1, but now we’ve got a proper striker for the first time in about 10 years. It’s a shame Chicksen got a touch on that third one cos Macca’s header was terrific.
    Was it going to go in if Chicksen didn’t touch it? I know it’s not always obvious, but a slight deflection on an on-target shot that the goalie’s not going to save is neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    Was it going to go in if Chicksen didn’t touch it? I know it’s not always obvious, but a slight deflection on an on-target shot that the goalie’s not going to save is neither here nor there.
    Not seen a replay, but live I thought it was going just wide or maybe hitting the post without Chicksen’s touch.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Not seen a replay, but live I thought it was going just wide or maybe hitting the post without Chicksen’s touch.
    Either way Chicksen did the right thing completely, he made sure it was in and for that deserves the goal.

That was my first game since the 3-0 against Maidenhead, and there were plenty of similarities in the two performances.

A few observations: we didn’t create much but could have scored 5; we were incredibly sloppy at the back and were lucky not to concede a few more; we lacked intensity overall, but when we did have it, we were excellent; our squad isn’t big enough; Castro can strike a mean free kick, but otherwise he was a bit of a liability and wanted far too much time on the ball; what a difference a goalscorer makes; great for TAR to come in and get two very good assists, but defensively he was all over the shop: we got away with resting 2 key players prior to the big game on Tuesday night, where we will have to up our game in order to go top.

And I thought their number 11 was very impressive - sign him up.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast