+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Altrincham 01.10.22 [NL]

Not there of course but from what I heard and read, don't expect Castro will start against Wrexham. I do wonder if the lack of intensity was deliberate or a reflection of Alty's approach and game plan.

More broadly, I'm wondering what setup we'd adopt were Langstaff injured or just needed a rest - I like how LW is protecting him, and I feel like we'd still have goals from elsewhere (especially if we asked RR to play forward again, reflecting on the awesome analysis from ncfcog and the Notts County Stats team). Even so he's scored more than half our goals so far this season, and so I reckon we'd have to change shape a bit.

(Funny that we're seeing opposition fans go from "he's totally unproven at this level" to "he'll be bought by a Championship club in January" after 11 games.)

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Having watched the highlights Chicksen definitely did the right thing to ensure the third goal went in. It could have hit the post, there was a defender close by, in the same position Macca would have done the same and there’d probably be no debate.

Great to wake up and see the goals. We had all heard reports when he signed but TAR certainly has some afterburners on him, great work for both assists. Q
    Clearly a player to develop as fans and head coach alike have stated.

Adam Chicksen back post sniffer, goal poacher. Football does indeed move in mysterious ways.

Doesn't Chicksen's 3rd goal yesterday make this season his highest goal tally already?

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Either way Chicksen did the right thing completely, he made sure it was in and for that deserves the goal.
    100% he did the right thing and as much as Langstaff didn’t get his hatrick equally chicks deserved his goal for the endless runs he makes to that back post. LW has to be praised too on both players fortunes, he’s insisted that Langstaff just stays in the middle, last season he was wider and for chicks getting him to make those runs, 2 simple changes and look at the difference it’s made.

Chicks was also in position to assist with the second goal as well if it was needed.

We were not our best yesterday but the important thing is we got the job done and it's another 3 points. In previous seasons like others have said that would have been a 1-1 or a 1-0 defeat. Without a doubt now some 11 games in and with 14 goals for me Langstaff is the most natural finisher we've had since Hughesy. We are seeing a once in a decade striker who is going to instrumental in where we finish this season. Long may he score goals. We have to hope that he remains fit and does'nt suffer injury. Likewise if the club receives any offers in January whilst everyone has their price we must try to keep him for the entire season because his stock could be even higher and likewise the club could be in the football league. Plus talk of £1m - £2m would likely pay the entire playing budget for the first season back in the football league.

Good honest interview from Luke Williams. He really does get what it means to be the manager of Notts County in the National League. He fully understands what the fans expectations are but also he demands and has set high standards for his players and no doubt we have a good group of players who also know. It was clear to see that we did not have our best performance and LW did not gloss over it. In fact he went straight into it from the opening.

11 games in it's been a solid start, we have a top goalscorer for this level and are getting results even when not at our best. All the qualities needed for a team to be challenging for top spot.

The games against Wrexham are two opportunities in which we can have an impact on their season. Last minute winners like what they did yesterday is the stuff of champions, but we have shown already in 11 games we are capable of pushing them all the way. It really could ultimately come down to the two games against them as to which one of us may finish over the line. For me the aim has to be beat them both times which is a tough ask, but whichever one of us takes the most points off each other will ultimately deserve automatic promotion. At least I'd like to see us beat them at Meadow Lane and get a point at their ground.

The stage is certainly set even a 1/4 of the way into the season for a massive game Tuesday night.

Hopefully our defending will not be as poor as yesterday on Tuesday. Against a better team we'd have easily lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OID...channel=AltyTV

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Having watched the highlights Chicksen definitely did the right thing to ensure the third goal went in. It could have hit the post, there was a defender close by, in the same position Macca would have done the same and there’d probably be no debate.
    Yes, great stuff from Chicksen. Absolutely right to make sure, and I agree it’s Chicksen’s goal.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast