+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Altrincham 01.10.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    And to round off a good day, FGR lost again.
    Injury time winner for Burton, ouch. Sometimes you can't do right for doing wrong, innit.

We were absolute rubbish. Anyone who wasn’t at York must have wondered what the fuss was about Castro, because other than his free kick he played like his limbs weren’t properly attached. Can’t believe I’m saying it, but I think we really missed JOBs intensity.

Williams sounded like he knew we weren’t up to it today, but I reckon we’ll see a big improvement on Tuesday. JOB back in, Nemane back in. COYP.

There's a thought.

''Maybe IB sends coded messages to the players by changing the position of his hands in his pockets - an extremely subtle code known only to the initiated, which has the advantage of being incomprehensible to the opposition''.

https://forum.fgr.co.uk/post/match-t...9167?&trail=15

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Apparently some history there between the fans of those 2 clubs. Wrexham have long had a bad reputation, deservedly, probably now have more idiots following them due to all the publicity. I don’t think fans should hide their colours on Tuesday but fear there’ll be trouble somewhere.
    Both clubs have a large caveman element, always have.
    Just keep out of the way if it kicks off.
    Thanfully Notts don't have that problem so aren't seen as a scalp.
    I will be aware of who is around me when walking back to my car.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Nah, we certainly weren't at our best. Too much sloppy passing and not enough intensity. Still, job done, 3 pts in the tin.
    Sums it up really.

I thought having two really attacking midfielders in Rodrigues and Castro didn't particularly work and left us vulnerable at times, partly on a tactical level and partly because neither played that well. Palmer and Jim O'Brien playing behind Ruben give us a more solid look and a better midfield 'base' from which to build attacks, which is important when you play as open as we do.

Tobi Adebayo-Rawling I thought did well overall. A couple of mistakes yes, but also a big contribution to two of the goals. I suspect Williams will still prefer Nemane on Tuesday night if he's fully fit, but TAR certainly showed enough to warrant more opportunities in the future.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast