+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You don't seem to mention that others also questioned his posts? I have nothing against people posting what they like about TS or RUFC but have every right as do any other posters to question why they only ever post on here when things aren't going well. Don't you think it's strange when a 'supporter' has never posted once in the 3 seasons where we got promotion? I do?
    Wasn't so much the content of the posts, more like the shrill stressed drunk lady like hysteria that it was expressed in.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    No point commenting. Cebuman proved that. He's quite negative on TS and his approach but his comments are as valid as those of the TS statue builders. What a site this is. Should rename it Cam's cottage. I keep checking definitions of "moderator" but can't find one that equates to gang leader and if you disagree with my perspective from the Pacific coast of the USA you can't be a Miller even if like Cebuman you live in Canklow.
    Surprised you even showed your fizzog. Being a long time Warne hater, here's what we are without him. Happy?

No complaints best team won today …. they wanted it more. Two well taken goals.

Ref could have balanced it out more and dealt with time wasting better. Thing is you can’t remove a poor performance from our lot.

Having said that I thought we had enough chances first half to level it up before half time.

Negatives- up front. Chio and Connor never won a header throughout the game. Wiles battled well but there was never an outlet from midfield today.

Think what you want but it’s time for the big boys up front with Kelly and Eaves and Chio back out wide, if we are to take a game to anyone like today.

We huffed and we puffed but we could never blow the Wigan house down.

We were off the pace from the very first minute. Intensity just wasn’t there. If we want to play out from the back, surely Humphreys would be better suited than Harding (who was poor, but then, who wasn’t). Eaves did nothing again, not sure what Kelly has to do to get more minutes. We can’t rely on 18-year old Norton Cuffy to play 90 minutes every game.

All in all, a big wake up call for Tony Stewart.

Disappointing - but not a surprise. In truth little between the 2 sides on the day.We put plenty of balls into the box but do not get enough bodies in there the way we play at the moment. Not knocking Richard Wood as he always does his best but his post match interview illustrated he was unable to motivate the players/ change the game when it was tough.
    No need for doom and gloom but we need a good appointment sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You don't seem to mention that others also questioned his posts? I have nothing against people posting what they like about TS or RUFC but have every right as do any other posters to question why they only ever post on here when things aren't going well. Don't you think it's strange when a 'supporter' has never posted once in the 3 seasons where we got promotion? I do?
    Reply to that already given ...give up the moderators job to someone unbiased mate your a joke

Basically we were second in every department

Gru's estimation of Wood came home to roost and just about every team member lost their personal battles.

Baffled as to why Ogbene lasted beyond half time, he was poor

Mot I'm told was Rathbone? What? He tried hard but every time he got the ball his team mates shot away like the red arrows nobody wanted the ball off him. For me motm was the viking.

As an aside, I thought the criticism of cebuman on the match thread was OTT

CAMiller You have the nerve to call yourself a moderator so I have the nerve to say what I think , You are basically saying that I must come on the forum and say how great a team is or I can't come on and have an opinion on what I think is wrong !!

OK before I post in the future, am I supposed to see if it's ok with you if I am allowed to have an opinion that is not of the kiss TS and the players Arse kind first ?
    Last edited by Cebuman; 01-10-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Might be best if we all just stick to opinions rather than personal attacks

Meet the temporary boss same as the old boss! Both wouldn't start with McCart or Kelly. Can't have Humphreys in front of McCart a natural left sided defender. Up front pointless starting with Washington without some support. Bramall I don't rate at all same with Eaves.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast